Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2015 MDX.

The function that causes the steering wheel to automatically telescope on startup does not work. It used to work. The setting is correct, it is turned-on.

Also, I am very dissatisfied with several features of the navigation system. My frustrations are not due to malfunctions. They are due to the way that the system operates.

My question: Can anybody tell me if there are software updates available that might improve things for my steering column and nav system? The car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Since it's under warranty just take it into the dealer to have them check on the steering wheel.

You didn't state exactly what you were dissatisfied with on the nav so I don't think anyone can tell you if any update might resolve your dissatisfaction. Generally any updates are limited to bug fixes, i.e. actual broken items like the non-working voice seat heater function, rather than enhancements or improved user experience but there 'was' an update for the 2015 MDX that provided some improvements. This was an update Acura did 'not' apply to 2014 MDXs much to the dissatisfaction of 2014 owners like me.

Check the software version of your nav system and when you take it in to have the dealer take a look at your steering column ask them what the latest available software version is for the 2015 and if yours is lower than that then have them apply the update - under warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts