Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please tell me I'm not crazy and someone has knowledge of this.. sometimes my 2014 will, without prompting of a key fob, start rotating steering column in and out and back and forth, when this happens the exterior/interior running lights that normally will come on when approaching with a key fob will be on and the side mirror sensors lights will flash. Sometimes the dash will also be flashing with lights and symbols while this is happening. Occasionally this will set off the car alarm and that is how I am aware it's happening. Other times I will be outside and hear/see this happening. Important things to note: I only have 2 key fobs and have them with me at all times. This has never happened while I was near the vehicle with either key fob. Once I notice this, return with the car key, it only stops after I then start the car and turn it back off. Sometimes it will happen over and over on the same day, setting off the car alarm. Other times it happens once, that I know of, and then not again for a long time. It has happened during the day, it has happened during the evening. In both hot and cool weather. When I take it to the dealership they advise there are no codes showing up and it doesn't do it while they have it. Pretty sure they think im nuts. The most recent time it happened, it kept starting back up over and over and in the morning the car wouldn't start. I had it towed to Acura and they said, yep a new battery is needed. They replaced the battery and sent me on my way. Help...has anyone heard of this particular type issue?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I’ve never heard of this. Maybe one of the key FOBS is short circuiting and sending signals. Try putting one of the FOBs out of range and see if it still happens. If it does,try the other one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Replaced the battery... now we wait and see. Hoping that it solves the problem. Thank you for the advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts