Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other Star Wars fans out there?
I got tickets for the midnight show tonight.

Can't wait.
:D

Amazing sound track too!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Im a Star Wars fan, but due to lots going on, I bought my ticket for Sunday morning. I figure it would be easier to get a good seat then, then for the first showing tonight.

I did watch Episode IV and I over the weekend.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I can't wait. It's time to break out my ol' lite saber and vader outfit . . . . .

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AWESOME !

Well....I saw it three times so far....yes I'm OBSESSED. Took the day off and everything.

All advanced tickets at the Clifton Commons Theater - Clifton, NJ
12:00am - Midnight
11:45am
9:30pm

I loved this film.....I will go and see it may more times and buy the DVD when available.

Lucas out did himself again!!!!

:D

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DON'T LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS !!!

To all:

SERIOUSLY, do not listen to any of these reviews.
GO SEE IT !!!

It was AWESOME !!
I've seen it 3 times already and I'm ready to go back for more !
Anakin's character development is AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Begun this clone war has"
~Yoda

:D :D :D

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well I saw it, and here are my thoughts....

Some of the scripting is lame (I think I'm being generous), I cringed when I saw Jar Jar more than once, and the fella playing Ani was a bit annoying at times.

BUT I LOVED THIS FILM!!! It's seriously galaxies better than Episode I, and it really felt a bit like Episode V, my favorite. The fighting, the storyline, Yoda doing what he does (wait til you see that part!)...seriously, you guys are going to be impressed, and the bad taste from Episode I is all but removed....

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I'm definitely gonna see it once the lines die down a bit!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Too cool: mdx.org presents ...

... Attack of the Avatars

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Star Wars-Epidsode II

You know guys....am actually NOT impress with Episode II at all. Yes the special is overwhelming if you like three dimensional video game like scenes, acting...well its far from the initial three that George Lucas made.

The problem with films today is that technology allow LucasFilm, LTD and SkyWalkerSound LTD to create films that is beyond visionary...it is too visionary!

Here is my point- When I first went into San Rafael to LucasFilm LTD to discuss with the Information Technology and film production department the possibility of "digitizing" the first three episodes and then later on the pre-quel..I did not know what kind of monstrocity I have created.

Back in the seventies, Uncle Lucas had to so clay models and plastic models for special effects...Now...with high tech computing systems such as SUN Microsystems and Silicon Graphics with its UNIX based Operating systems, you can actually create a character that basically acts and live like it is in REAL time! Whats even worse is that cinema cameras are ALL digitized now...so when you put layers and after layers of highly digital effects and film plates over each other...It makes the movie look FAKE, animated and put on top of that not so close to Academy Award Winning acting makes the movie Japanese Anime-like.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Star Wars. LucasFilm need to just back off on the special effects just a little.

I guess what am trying to say is...Sorry I had to convert them to 1Gigabit and 2Gigabit fibre channel SAN for Video Editing. This evolution of data storage for video editing did not help wit the looks of the film either.....

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Glad to see that the AcuraMDX.org crowd gives good reviews to Episode II - I trust you folks more than any reviewers! I'm not one to go on an opening weekend (anyone notice how hard it was to get tech support this past weekend?), but will probably go early next week, since the kids have been asking to go every 7 minutes or so.

I figure if you want to like it, it will be a great movie! (Jar-jar aside...)

Hey, wonder where Yoda's been?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I saw the Clones the morning after opening - my group's supreme commander bought tickets for all who wished...:)

I thought it was definitely better than Ep I. Ani actor was not very convincing in a few scenes, but then again the dialogue wasn't great there either. One other thing, too many scene changes! One or two lines and you move on! jees. But the story line is better and the Dark Side linkage is budding... Thought Padme (sp?) was great. Loved her costumes... Stars Wars you just have to see, I figure, whether you really want to or not....

Strangest thing was being in a theater at 9 am...

·
Registered
160 Posts
2 Thumbs up!

I saw it tonight and I think the force is back. Acting(oK), visual effects and the fight scene are awesome. And YODA is the man. Our kid love it, so go out there and may the force be with you all.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Star Wars

I just got back from the theater and must say i was disappointed. I wanted to enjoy this movie and found myself forcing myself to try and like it as the movie wore on. I guess after episodes 4-6 you come to have such high expectations, but atack of the clones is a rather dull storyline, which doesnt really make any character, good or bad, compelling. Lucas built strong characters in Star Wars, Empire, Jedi, that you either liked strongly and a villain that you were deathly afraid of(Vader). As a kid/tenn, you would wonder who you would rather be like, Luke or Han Solo. And who didnt want a friend like Chewie. Obi Wan and Yoda were great mentors to be revered. This movie gives you no fond character to hope to be like. The young Obi- Wan is quite dull and weak ("I hate flying") Anakin, who is a borderline bad actor, does not impress, especially in the love scenes with Amidala, which were quite forced. The whole therater was laughing at the forced love lines because it was so embarassingly bad. I wanted to like this but after 2 1/2 long hours in the theater hoping it would soon end, I must say I am being generous giving it 2 stars(out of 4) becasue I want to say it was an OK movie. I think I actallu liked menace a little bit better, at least the young Anakin was compelling.
sorry for diagreeing with most on the board, but I'm curious to see if everyone else is gonna diasgree with me.

Larry

·
Registered
619 Posts
good, but not great. better than episode I, then again, thats not saying much. I have to agree with larryhot13, the plot is dull. the graphics are way, way, way overdone. typical of movies nowadays. i give it 3.5 of 5 stars.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Saw it in DLP. "matinee bargin show --$5.50 + $1 service fee for privledge of ordering at fandango"

VISUALLY -- amazing. Perfect. Unbeleivable edge-to-edge crispness. Color had that good "highly saturated Kodachrome" yumminess that you used to get when making prints from slides. Obviously a GIANT promo for THX, ILM, Skywalker Sound, Lucasfilm, Sony, TI, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Only area for improvement left: assigned freaking seating! Eliminate about 20% of the seats. MOST SCENES had one playing "real or 'more real than real' -- (wish Ridley had Lucas' resources...)" The scenes in Lake Como & Seville were gorgeous & 'hyperreal' in what I must assume is a DLP sort of effect. I can see how the depth of field was "too much" but damnit Orson Welles would have done the same thing (and kinda did in Kane...) Notable exception -- As Obi Wan approaches the landing pad at "clone factory" there is a ROTTEN looking second or so of ocean -- made the crap in Perfect Storm look good -- what's up with that? Did Lucas let one of his kids PAINT the damn backdrop with oils? (I do think one of his kids IS a backdrop painter, but I didn't see a familar name in the extensive & very speedily scrolling credits)

Story? Hey it's a PG 'kids movie'.

Portman's "lines"??? Acting so stilted it seems to be a paraody.
Christensen? whine, whine, whine. The little bitty Jedi- kindergarteners seem more together than "Annie"...

Did Jimmy Smits make scale for standing around in black velvet?

What's up with Ol' George playing with the A/C controls in the Queen's spaceship? Set the dial to "high beams" and not let her see the dailies?

JarJar is annoying. Does he get "blamed" for offering the legistlation (sort of a Gulf of Tonkin thingy) or thanked for 'authorizing' the Calvary?? Either way, JarJar MUST DIE!!!!

LOTS OF STUFF has to happen in Three. They'll have hard time fitting that thing into 2h14m... I wonder if Lucas can get the theatre chains to OK a 3+ hr thing...

Lots of government by FUD. Kinda wish that the MSFT trial was going on now, as there is quite a bit of material that would make for a funny 'recutting' with Ballmer, Gates & Co. recast as the engineers of the Sith...

If you were hoping for something "adult" you went to the wrong movie. This thing is aimed pretty squarely at the 12-16 crowd, though the visuals are entertaining enough to keep fans (casual & rapid) happy.

Jango Fett was an excellent single movie character. Probably better than Liam. Maybe best in the series. Sam Jackson is excellent. Ewan McGregor has nothing to be ashamed of...

Hey, you know those Bally's commercials with Pink? Think they'd make one with Natalie? She's probably too stuck up, registering for classes under an assumed name & all. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
SW E-2

I agree with Larry. Simply put...Blame George Lucas for going crazy on special effects.

Nothing replaces the true feel of human acting. Why three earlier sequels are more entertaining and interesting is because you have real acting in the film.

You will be scare if I tell you how much the human actors do any acting these days on Lucasfilm's stage.

Like I said, I still like Star Wars for what it represents but Lucasfilm LTD and Skywalker sound needs to cut back on special effects just a tad bit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts