Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend with a 2007 MDX with 300K miles on it. The rear universal is sloppy and I think causing a substantial vibration at 40 MPH and up. Is there any way to change that and put a regular universal in it, or do I have to get a new driveshaft? I can't believe they want to replace an entire driveshaft at God knows how much to fix one ten dollar universal joint.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
MDX SH-AWD rear CVD is unique to it (Doesn´t share it with any other car) and it cost +400 bucks a piece, Luckily they sell them by the parts so you can buy the U-Joints for around 113dlls.

If you are referring to the PROPSHAFT then you are absolutely screwed, its the single piece of the drive axles they don´t sell apart, And yes it cost 1K.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am referring to the driveshaft that runs from the transfer case rear to the rear differential. It runs parallel with the car, and doesn't connect to the wheels. Does that clear it up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Its called PROP (Propeller) SHAFT, So yeah you are pretty much screwed...
Try your local friendly Junkyard or EBay for a used one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! There is one a few miles from me for $125. I'm pretty sure the ujoints could be changed, but I'd have to get it up on the lift again to see if the yoke is angled or not, and I'd have to get the measurements

1 - 11 of 11 Posts