Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A member shared via email:

<i>Hello , I just got a good buy on Stainless Steel Manik nerf bars , just wanted to let anyone interested know . I got them for $355.75 shipping included from Ultimate Parts at 1-877-974-8488 . I spoke with Randy although I'm not certain that you need to speak directly . I would bet any of the salesman can help . I've only been a member for about a week and don't know how to post this message yet . ( Loony - 2002 MDX , touring , navi , cargo cover , cargo net , rear splash guard and soon to have Maniks )</i>

·
Registered
210 Posts
admin said:
A member shared via email:

<i>Hello , I just got a good buy on Stainless Steel Manik nerf bars , just wanted to let anyone interested know . I got them for $355.75 shipping included from Ultimate Parts at 1-877-974-8488 . I spoke with Randy although I'm not certain that you need to speak directly . I would bet any of the salesman can help . I've only been a member for about a week and don't know how to post this message yet . ( Loony - 2002 MDX , touring , navi , cargo cover , cargo net , rear splash guard and soon to have Maniks )</i>
Are these Manik "Side steps" or something else. Would love to see pictures when you get them on!:2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes they are just like the others pictured in our forum . They were easy to install ( about 35 minutes ) . I must say to anyone considering side steps that they are definately worth it visually and functionally . Fantastic addition and will post pics soon .

·
Registered
126 Posts
In case you wondered - "nerf bars" and side steps are different and serve different purposes. Side steps are obvious in their purpose/design. Nerf bars serve to protect the body when straddling rocks/logs and general off-road trauma. Stainless steel plates serve a similar purpose. Nerf bars also help you "slide" down large boulders/logs. Nerf bars on an MDX would be quite ridiculous since it is not intended, nor would it be desirable, to do serious off-roading/rock crawling in one.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here is a picture of some "nerf" bars in action so that you guys can be educated about the subtle :D difference. Side Steps actually LIMIT your offroading capability because they decrease ground clearance so much (although on the MDX, I think the rear diff is still lower than the Manik steps - but usually you go over rocks/logs from the sides and not "head on").

BTW Dale, your MDX looks great :cool:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts