Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another opportunity to display my ignorance and take advantage of the impressive knowledge of this MDX community. I've been reviewing several threads about traction/stability control, the MDX's lack of VSA, and the hope among some members (i.e. wmquan) that a well-callibrated VSA becomes a feature on future models. I believe that I have a handle on what VSA does, but I haven't a clue what it physically is. A little black box that attaches to the engine, or what? Which leads me to my real question: If Acura included VSA on future models, would it be possible to have it installed on older models that didn't come with it?

peace

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I doubt it would be a handy retrofit as most systems involve lots of sensors at various points especially at the wheels.
Some systems are so sophisticated as to provide shock control as well as apply brakes for defined durations, and control the output of the engine.
In other words, it's very integrated into the overall design of the vehicle's engine, suspension, and brake components.
With VTM and the overall balance of the MDX, designers did not feel it was necessary to have such a system. But most the competition does, and if Acura deems it's a big plus in selling vehicles, I am sure they will develop a very good one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts