Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos of my SS with color matched fender flares, mud guards and rear deflector. I had posted some photos in the general section, but thought it might help to also put them in the gallery.

Seeing other 'Xs on this site with painted accessories really helped me make my decision. I hope these pics also help some of you that are still in the decision making phase.

Had a vacation and put 1K miles on the 'X in a week and a half. Very happy with it :2:

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am ashamed to say that it does not look as clean right now :( .
Lots of bugs decided to end their lives on the hood of my 'X :eek: during our vacation.

I need to find a good local carwash. I used to hand wash my cars ... but don't have the time now :(

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Very nice Ms. MDX. I like the flares a lot!! Thinking about the BSMs?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Ms. MDX, gotta say, as much as I'm a fan of black trim on the SS, your color-matched one looks mighty fine. :)

Yea, I'm doing bug removal twice a day, and we're just just getting into the moth season...

·
Registered
194 Posts
With the premature demise of GG it looks like I have found my replacement color choice! SWEET:4: :4: :4:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Your MDX looks great!

Where did you get your accessories painted? Did you order them painted from Hondacura World, or did you have a local shop paint them?

I have a silver MDX on order (Acura recently told the dealer it will be here around July 32??). Having a hard time waiting!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Color matched tailgate deflector

Ms. MDX - Just curious if the color matched tailgate deflector is still wearing well. I have ordered a 2003 Havasu Blue Touring expected to arrive in late Oct. I love the deflector, but am concerned that it will chip or scratch easily since it is primarily plastic. Does the additive/flex agent really solve this problem. Dealer isn't very reassuring and trying to convince me to leave black. Like you, my household doesn't DIY very well. I know my husband definitely would not be able to install. I appreciate any comments. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Color matched tailgate deflector

Ms. MDX - Just curious if the color matched tailgate deflector is still wearing well. I have ordered a 2003 Havasu Blue Touring expected to arrive in late Oct. I love the deflector, but am concerned that it will chip or scratch easily since it is primarily plastic. Does the additive/flex agent really solve this problem. Dealer isn't very reassuring and trying to convince me to leave black. Like you, my household doesn't DIY very well. I know my husband definitely would not be able to install. I appreciate any comments. Thanks!:D

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Color match deflector

If you have the rear deflector properly treated, primed and paint with the EXACT color codes as your MDX then you will not have a problem with it being scratched, chipped if you detail it and treated it like it was any other painted surface of your vehicle.

Tim at AcuraHondaWorld in my opinion does an excellent job with color matching the accessories for the MDX. I purchase the color match read deflector from tim and it looks EXCELLENT!

·
Registered
110 Posts
color matched tailgate deflector

Thanks!!!! I didn't realize the tailgate deflector from Tim was already painted. I will call him immediately!!:2:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rudy331,
So far, no problems with any of my color matched accessories. I expect them to last as long as any of the factory painted plastic part, such as the bumper.

I actually have a chip on my front bumper (near the front point), but none on the fender flares, mud guards or tailgate deflector. Based on location alone, I would thing that the tailgate deflector will get the least chips.

To clarify, Tim's standard tailgate deflector does not come painted, but you can order a painted one for an additional charge.

Look forward to seeing pics of your new 'X :4:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
rear deflector option

There's an ebay auction going on for a rear tailgate deflector that is painted to match the color of the MDX:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1857574033

The vendor has been auctioning these deflector for quite some time, and a number of forum members have bought and installed this deflector. If you must have a painted deflector, this is a good option, for the OEM black go with Tim . . .

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered them painted through the dealer. They had "their" body shop do the painting. Dealer also did the installation.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Looks great!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts