Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my MDX:

I love the car and love the site! Keep MDXin' guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Noticed you have body coloured mud flaps. Are those stock with paint? If so, how are they wearing, i.e. stonechips on the paint.
BTW your 'X' looks mean!:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
NICE!!!

Liek the way you have it looking dub.....Why dont you remove the MDX logo on the back? I think it would look hot! without it! The painted splash guards add a real nice touch to it :cool: ........Mine are on backorder...as soon as I receive them I look to have them painted as well....looking good....as you said keep on MDXin!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re: Color matched "stock" rear deflec and front/rear mudguards

Thanks Jgen:

I got them painted at my local Acura/Honda Autherized Body Shop. Spent app $200 to get them painted. It was kinda pricey due to the extra additive used on the guards. The guards are made out of a different material then the deflector. This additive was used to make the paint stick and to resist cracking and peeling since this material is more plyable. Color matching these parts on any MDX i think is a must - incredible difference.

So far so good... the color matched guards are wearing well - guess that extra additive works.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re: Removing the rear MDX logo

Thanks MDXplosion:

Yeah, i've been debating wether or not to remove the logo or not... haven't seen enough pics to make a final decision....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Removing the emblem

I removed it from my X and I like it much better without. Here is a pic of another user from the forum who took a good pic of it after removing the emblem....hope this helps....

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MDXlopsion PICS

Hey MDXplosion:

Your tag descrip of your MDX makes me curious... post some pics for us all!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re: Removing the rear MDX logo

Yeah... I think that's been added on the to do list for the weekend!!!?!?!...

BTW does anyone know when bulls bars are gonna be made for the MDX? ...don't like the brush guards made for the MDX... want something like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
PICS

Well dub the only pics I have it this moment are of the twenty inch rims I dropped on my X the restof the parts listed are sitting in my garage waiting to be installed...since it gets dark early I am unable to get it done during the week.....soon enough though...

here is a pic of my twenty's

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Re: Bull bars

I would be interested in some bull bars as well.....Anyone out there know if they are available? I would like to see that.

Dub do you have any plans for the interior?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
re: Dubbed out MDX's

MDXplosion:

Nice choice with the Anzio's bud!!! what tire size/brand did you go with, wheel offset, etc... Finally another dubbed out MDX!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
re: tire size/brand

I went with 275/45/20 Goodyear tire....cant rememeb the name of the tire itself...but its all rolling sweet.....granted not as smooth as the stock wheels, naturally, but overall I still have the smooth ride.

Which tire size/brand did you go with? Did you lower your X?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
re: interior

MDXxplosion:

Just screens and stuff for the interior. I went with all the wood options (steering wheel, cluster, shift, etc).

How about you? any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
A few questions on riding with twenty's

When you wash the ride and put silicone or armor all on your tires do you notice when you take off that the application of the silicone splashes all over the X? Especially with 20's!

I use the good stuff as well that you spray from a can and I let it sit for 2 hours and still the car gets splashed with the silicone.

Do you feel a stiff ride with your 20's?

Why didnt you go with the stainless side step bars?

·
Registered
92 Posts
re: any ideas?

Nothing out of the norm.....meaning I am not reinventing the wheel....I previously had all panasonic equipment in my M3 and I was pleased with it so I ordered a panasonic dvd/cd head unit at a great price from sounddomain.com and will be ordering the indash 7" screen for the front and a ceiling drop screen for the rear passengers....eventually add an X box and upgrade the speakers and add amps along with a cd changer and dvd changer....I just received the woodash kit...something else to be installed this weekend....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
re: livin' with twenty's

For tire shine i use the Black Magic aresol can stuff and i also get my car washed weekly at a detailing/hand carwash that uses the best trie dressing which is applied with a paint brush. Personally I love the stuff that the dealer uses; tryin to find out what they use and order some.

Anyways, you're right on. You have to let the tire dressing sit in for at least an hour or two; depending on temp and climate. But yes i do get the splash up from the tire dressing if i don't let it cure properly...

re: the stainless side steps

i haven't gotten the maniks because they stick out. I'm tryin to find a place that will chrome the stock side steps.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
MDXplosion,

How do you like the Platinum Prices HID?

For your in dash screen, you may consider www.streeteffectz.com in NJ. They will convert the built-in LCD to accept video for $450.

Thanks,
MDXtrous

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
re: livin' with twenty's (con't)

MDXplosion:

no that's the stock ride hight, didn't lower it. For tires i used Goodyear Eagle HP Plus 295/40/20. The ride is just as smooth as stock but i got 10 fold better handling due to the with of the new tires.

this is what i want to get done to my X but the installer is out in WA... this is how it should be done though.

BTW:
do you see any other dubbed out MDX's around your way? i haven't seen any here but have heard about one other...

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
re: console

here's another view... (kinda makes you wanna move to WA, i've even though about shipping my X there to get it done...)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 106 Posts