Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the SRS light is on, is this an indication of a problem somewhere or what? New to owning an MDX as I have stated.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Which SRS, the light that says SRS or the light that has a little airbag on it?

If the SRS, then something has deployed , find out what . (And don't pay too much to reset it)

If the Airbag light, it might be a defective belt buckle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all - update for anyone else whose SRS light comes on - I had this issue with my '01 with 220k miles - and the local Acura dealer graciously offered to fix it for about $1450. I did a lot of research, asked hubby to reset it, but it didn't work - and saw somewhere a post about a dealer advising an owner that they have experienced instances where a phone charger installed in the console *may* cause the light to go on. I had a charger installed in that console, and removed it - took the vehicle to a local shop and they were completely confused as to why the light was on - could not get a definite diagnostic, but they were able to reset it and it hasn't come back on in a couple of months so far. I was just sick that the dealer was going to take advantage of me like that (I asked them to reset the light and they said they did - but I don't believe them.)

So I just wanted to post in here to let others know about the charger issue. I had another person tell me those OPDS sensors never go bad, and not to let the dealer bamboozle me. Heck, except for the new head unit I have in the car, the whole thing's not even worth $1450 - except to me of course - I have a few more miles to put on it yet. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts