Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 2005 MDX SRS light on whenever I have passenger.
Has anyone experienced this issue? Is there a DIY to this?

I found a YouTube video of a guy cleaned the switch within the seatbelt buckle (
).
Do you think that would work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Seems that you have an issue with your Passenger side airbag detection sensor.. It was a common failure on some Acura models.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Can tell you almost 100% sure what this is because i had it. Main key is it lights up when passwnger sits down. Have the code read. In my case it was something like 1061 or 1062, both of which indicate defective seat belt buckles. Had them replaced and all is well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
The code is 61-1 I believe and it only happens when the seat belt is buckled.
Try connecting the buckle without a passenger. If it lights it , that's it.

And Seat Belt Buckles are under a lifetime warranty.
Get someone to read it for you BEFORE you take it to Acura, otherwise you pay a $150 diagnostic fee as well.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for the codes. That is it. And yes when i had my problem i connected the seat belts without passenger and it lit up.

Only clarification is that the seat belts are NOT covered under lifetime warranty in Canada, as they are in the US. Found this out directlly from two Acura dealerships. My mechanic replaced both seat belt buckles. The cost was $360.00 CDN overall which was more labour than parts due to taking out the seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts