Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking at the different threads about this SRS light, and many come back to the seat buckle connection. My SRS light came on at 219,000 miles. Dealer wants $1450 to replace the OPDS sensor. Yeah right. Has anyone done DIY on replacing this seat back? How hard is it to do? Dealer said they diagnosed the problem to be sure it was this, and not anything else (i.e. buckle connector) or anything else. Acura Corp graciously declined to extend the extended warranty on the part - which should have had the courtesy to go out at 149,000 miles instead. I can't spend this on the car, but I need to fix it so I can register it (just moved to Texas). So, looking for options so I can keep driving my car. I just replaced the tranny (reman, $3k) at 212,000 miles after being the victim of a scam shop who charged me $3k to 'rebuild' the tranny when in reality they probably just did a flush, which actually ruined the seals, and made me very sad. http://www.mdxers.org/forums/images/MDXers_2016/smilies/tango_face_crying.png

I'm just not ready to buy a new car. I mean, this one is still good, and I kind of was hoping to get closer to 300k miles, which used to sound like a lot...

Any and all advice about replacing this seat back (which is where the sensor is) as DIY will be appreciated. No I can't just reset the light, the dealer swears they did but it just came right back on.

Thanks, ya'll.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Your dealer is a rip off dealer. (They all are)

Go to a local shop and talk to them about fixing it. It's reprogramming the computer ($200) (Dealer wants new of course $700) plus parts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
More frequently it is the seatbelt switch causing problems rather than the OPDS...

But, I am sure you would have it fixed by now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Srs is a warrentied function, and required. Dealer must fix and replace for free. Talk to highest level manager to get fixed. Don't take BS from low lwvel night. Went through same crap with Honda Pilot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts