Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Long story short, I had the dealer preform recall K67, the passenger side airbag inflator and now I have an SRS light that they will not take responsibility for. It only comes on after the passenger side seatbelt is buckled. I did the diagnostic trick by shorting pins 4 and 9 on the OBD connector and need help matching them to the list here:

diycardoctor.com/Downloads/SRS%20Airbag%20Trouble%20Codes/Honda%20Acura%20SRS%20Airbag%20Codes.txt

The light blinks as follows:

Long Blinks / Short Blinks

8 / 1
9 / 2
6 / 2
8 / 1
9 / 2
6 / 2

I would assume thats codes 8-1, 9-2 and 6-2, but those don't exist on the MDX specific list.

Any help appreciated.

Edit: 2004 MDX is the year.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, give a call to Acura Corporate and tell them about the situation. Especially if you have your original invoice and it does not show any CEL or SRS issues at the time of drop-off to perform the recall.

They need to take responsibility to fix this issue. It could be as simple as resetting the SRS as part of the procedure which the tech forgot to do. Normal OBDII readers don't have access to SRS functionality IIRC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, give a call to Acura Corporate and tell them about the situation. Especially if you have your original invoice and it does not show any CEL or SRS issues at the time of drop-off to perform the recall.

They need to take responsibility to fix this issue. It could be as simple as resetting the SRS as part of the procedure which the tech forgot to do. Normal OBDII readers don't have access to SRS functionality IIRC.
Yeah, that was the first thing I did, there response is below:

We can confirm, however, as per the dealership, if the SRS light is on it is NOT a result of the inflator recall and the vehicle should be diagnosed and repaired. It is important to note that a distributor's warranty is offered with the purchase of the vehicle for 4 years/80,000km, whichever comes first. This warranty helps cover parts that may fail early in the life of the vehicle and is determined to be either a manufacturers defect and/or defect in workmanship from factory, as diagnosed by one of our authorized Acura dealerships. Once the vehicle falls outside of the warranty period, the costs associated to diagnosing, maintaining and repairing the vehicle remain the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle.
So my plan is if I can prove the 2 are related by knowing what the SRS error is then I have a case to go back and fight them on this. Regardless its pretty disgusting that both the dealer and corporate are behaving this way over a life safety issue that was caused by them. Funny thing is we bought this car new from this very same dealer...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have the same issue and took it to my mechanic who said that's a 62-1 (After using a bigger machine to test than what I used), and I called my acura dealer and they say 62-1 is covered.

Something wrong with your dealer maybe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts