Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a squeaking sound apparently coming from the rear seat. It it most noticeable when going over bumps and rough places in the road. I can't tell if it on the driver's rear seat or passenger but sounds more like the drivers side. Has anyone else had any problems with the squeaking from the rear seat? I am going to take it into the dealer and have them take a look, but was curious of anyone else has hear this noise.

thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't have a problem with the rear seats, but my driver side seat creaks and squeaks during cornering. It actually pops and shifts side ways. Back rest on it squeaks when I push on it side ways. My dealer has ordered a complete seat track and I'm taking my car in this Friday. Hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

Some people before have complained about the leather between the rear seats rubbing against each other and making that squeaky noise. If you think it's mechanical, have the dealer check it out. It helps if you can demonstrate the sound while driving with a mechanic though. My dealer at first couldn't reproduce the problem, but when I showed them the sound my seat makes when you push on the back rest, they were convinced. It's just that mechanics do need to know what the problem is before they can fix it. Good luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Jobe:

There was mention in another thread about checking the headrests on the rear seats. If they are in their storage space in the floor there is a tendency for them to shift around with a squeaking noise. You might check that.

Ed

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Jobe,

Does the squeaking sound like loose parts or potentially leather-on-leather?...also, confirming it's a squeak and not a rattle.

If potentially a squeak of leather-on-leather, any leather conditioner (e.g. Lexol) on the seats will stop it. This sounds more like a "clicky" squeak. Here's a link. Lexol or leather conditioner is preferable to their soap solution btw: http://www.acuradriver.com/service/news/1998i1.asp

If a rattle, you might also check the position of the unused outboard seatbealts -- they have a tendency to bang/rattle against the door/pillar when not in use.

I think it was Ard who mentioned a sunroof squeak coming from the rear seat area -- there is a general Honda TSB on that one: http://www.hondacuraworld.com/bulletins/MDX/SB01-006.pdf

If it's mechanical, well then...you'll have to get some help and have someone ride back there to pinpoint it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I hear that too. In mine it was the leather on leather noise coming from the second row arm rest while folded up. Oil and leather conditioner helps for a while until it wears off. I don't know if there can be a permenant solution to this!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks

Thanks everyone so far for the replies. I am going to try some of these suggestions out. I might also take it by the dealer just to have them listen to it as well.

thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rear Seat Squeaks

I had ratlles and squeaks coming from the back seat and took my car in for service. They replaced the seat track on one of the seats. THat didn't help but it sure added some nce damage to my car. I will try the Lexol solution Worm; thank you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts