Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2014 MDX heated steering wheel installed. I have been noticing a squeaking noise coming from the glass/plastic area of the dashboard and was wondering if anybody else has this problem. It's pretty annoying and if I press firmly against the dashboard area where the odometer reading is I don't hear it. I would be appreciative if anybody could chime in on this thank you.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I think have this in my 2016 and it's intermittent for me. I know how to reproduce it by hand (squeeze the dash's soft material together with the hard plastic surround of the speedometer/tachometer area), but can't get the MDX to reliably reproduce it without making the sound myself while with a tech. You can also get a bit of this from pushing the surround in toward the engine, but for me it's that plastic surround piece that's the problem. The tech says I need to remove the whole top dash portion to get to the plastic surround though. It makes a buzz now when I drive on some bumpy surfaces like concrete highways with rough surfaces or over a series of dots used to tell drivers to slow down.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yeah the buzz can be reduced with foam wedged in between the dash and the pillars, that reduced mine by about 99%. I still get it occasionally, especially when its quite cold, but at least its not constant when driving over rough surfaces like it used to be. I've tried moving the foam around and stuff to get rid of that last bit but I dont think its solvable, I think the whole dash needs to be pulled out and some sort of insulating layer laid down underneath it in order to make this dash dead silent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts