Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 MDX has spots on the chrome around the door windows. These spots are only on the door trim and not on other chrome on the grille or rear. I am thinking there is a problem with the material used. I tried to clean it with several polishes and also tried WD40. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
My 2016 MDX has spots on the chrome around the door windows. These spots are only on the door trim and not on other chrome on the grille or rear. I am thinking there is a problem with the material used. I tried to clean it with several polishes and also tried WD40. Has anyone else experienced this?

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
chrome is not likely to get stained or rusted. It could only get scratches. Not sure what this might be. Do you have some pics to share?

·
Registered
14 Posts
It sounds like it might be “pitting,” which can happen if the clearcoat finish is missing. Chrome polish or even oiled crumpled aluminum foil can help, but the process is tedious and you’ll need to protect the glass and rubber seal while working on it. Pics would be helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts