Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has had this problem before. when I first got the X in Sep. I noticed streaks and spots all over the windshield. These spots are only visible when the glass is wiped with a cloth or windshield wiper, then they fade quickly. The real problem is in the rain where the wipers are constantly wiping and the streaks/spots do not have time to fade and appear all over the glass making it difficult to see (especially at night).

I tried using glass cleaner (Invisible Glass) several times. It did not help. Brought it in to dealer and he said he has seen this before and its a problem from the factory, but there is nothing he can really do about it. He also said that it would fade over time.

Wondering if anyone knows of a way to clean this off whatever this is.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad to have read your comments. I had begun to think I was nuts!. I've tried everything I can think of but the problem remains. I'll take it up with the dealer on my next maintenance visit. Thanks

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I have wondered if Acura put some odd material in the windshield-washer reservoir -- something that's oily or greasy. After months of disgust, I got a small diameter water hose, pushed it all the way to the bottom of the washer reservoir, and turned it on -- thus flushing out all of whatever-it-was. With the water still running, I then exercised both the front and rear washers until I was reasonably sure that nothing but clear water was coming out of the nozzles. The difference in the cleanliness of the windshield and rear window is amazing! ('Course, you'll still have to add alcohol-based antifreeze if you live in climates that need it.) I would also recommend your NOT using Rain-X, as it tends to cause the "following haze" until it wears off.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had this problem also........everything I tried to clean the film off did not work.....the MDX is now a year old, and it is no longer there. So yes it does wear away after time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts