Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all: I noticed on my wife's VW that my spotify automatically connects to the cars Bluetooth, however, that's not the case with the mdx. I like this feature and would like to have on the mdx. Is there a setting on the mdx to auto launch spotify? Thanks

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I use other similar apps on my iPhone to listen to streaming apps via BT - ex: iHeartRadio, Apple Music, some radio station streaming app, etc. The last used app always just automatically starts and streams when I start the vehicle. It's really convenient and easy.

Where I've had some issues is with both Aha and Pandora - ironically the two that are 'bundled' into the MDX interface. They often pop some message on the phone that I need to reply to, i.e. give permission to, in order for it to proceed and I haven't found a way to disable it prompting for the permission. It's actually inconsistent - sometimes it asks for permission and other times it auto-starts.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Oh ok hmm I know that in VWs there is BT autoplay on connect within the head unit, and it usually autoplays whatever was on last as well. We don't have that option in the MDX, so it kind of comes down to the phone and app to handle the autoplay and I'm not sure Spotify itself has an autoplay option yet. The autoplay setting in the iPhone also seems to always just start Music instead of anything else, so folks tend to use Activator or similar apps to do the same thing I did with Tasker on my Android.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts