Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I am getting 10% off accessories, installed for free w/purchase. Definitely getting the heated steering wheel. Considering the sport bumpers to snaz it up a little bit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i personally think they look best on the darker colors like black/gray but google some to see what you think.

I would do the sport step and remote start because I want function first. I've yet to have a heated wheel, but it could be nice if winters are bad where you are.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live right next to you BTW, the one I'm planning to buy is at Pohanka.

Its tough to find pictures because they changed the silver this year, and all the ones online are of the previous silver which was brighter. I think they looked really good on the previous silver.

Id probably get grey/black but the only one Tech Pohanka has is a loaner so like 4k miles on it. I dont feel like spending $1200 on the Advance package, where they do have a few grey/black.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I live right next to you BTW, the one I'm planning to buy is at Pohanka.

Its tough to find pictures because they changed the silver this year, and all the ones online are of the previous silver which was brighter. I think they looked really good on the previous silver.

Id probably get grey/black but the only one Tech Pohanka has is a loaner so like 4k miles on it. I dont feel like spending $1200 on the Advance package, where they do have a few grey/black.
If you do get it under 45k let me know who to talk to lol.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the deal sheet says 45k even, but then they lump in together the actual tag and title cost with whatever they are charging me as a 'doc fee' so its 45.6 + tax, which totals at 47.6 after tax. I bet the actual tag and title costs are probably 100$ or less so they are probably sticking me for 500$ in 'doc' fees but when you look at the bottom line its still a fair deal IMO for a SHAWD Tech.

They are slightly discounting any accessories I buy (10%). They are also giving me a fair trade in value because the car was in a fender bender so the carfax is not clean (damage was repaired), but they are still giving me KBB good which I feel is reasonable considering.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sadly they dont have my color combo. They did say they would match my 26% off the no install accessories (floor mats and folding cargo tray). They should match those for you. My otd was 48.8 but i think that is because i am MD.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Have you checked ebay and such for the accessory costs as well? They tend to be quite a bit cheaper than whatever the dealer's massively markup price is + discount they're offering.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, the sales manager told me they are quickly running out of inventory, so they are probably raising prices. They have plenty of silver/black though!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to see how hard they are to install myself. Their prices including labor are more than I wanted to pay, even with the discount. I did have them do the heated steering wheel, which I tried out and it gets really hot in 20-30 seconds, like hot enough you would be uncomfortable unless its really cold outside. Pretty nice car though, way way nicer than my 8 year old CR-V.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
What color is your car KneeDragr? I ask because the bumper trims are actually silver in color, so in some ways, it works best with a silver MDX and the rest are kind of meh. It's a really expensive piece for what it is (but takes only 5 mins to install!). Just something to consider. I have it on my white MDX and am keeping it, but for a while in the beginning, I considered selling it off.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got the silver one - I agree I think it would look rather nice. Im thinking I will try to do the rear myself and have the dealer do the front one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought the front and rear sport bumpers. I have the Fathom blue, I think it looks great! Lunar Silver was my backup color. I still would've bought it. I feel that it adds a little personality to the car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts