Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
It's supposed to let you see "a wider view," but realistically, it just messes up your standard mirror real estate. I find that it's so thin that it's not really useful at all.

"The driver’s side door mirror has outer and inner segments.
The outer segment is slightly curved to provide a wider angle view than a standard flat mirror.
This wider view may help you check areas that are not visible using a standard door mirror"

P174 Owner's Manual

·
Registered
12 Posts
So far, I've found it annoying. First, it looks like the mirror has a crack. I hate convex mirrors incorporated into the main mirror. If I wanted one, I would add it and it would be on the inside edge of the mirror and not the outside edge. It's distracting if you check your mirrors routinely like you should. It would be nice if someone would offer a replacement lens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a 2005 Saab years ago with the split mirror feature on the passenger side. It was kind of nice once I got use to it. The MDX is my wife's car and I rarely drive it, so I haven't gotten use to it on the driver's side yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a base MDX and the mirror is "standard", no wide angle. I actually was thinking about purchasing the wide mirror from a tech package MDX ($28) and installing. I'm curious if anyone knows if this will work?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Speaking of side mirrors, my 15 has a seam that looks like it should be a folding mirror on both sides. I am reasonable confident that this is because they are indeed folding mirrors as that is pretty standard these days. However, I don't see any button that would fold them in via a motor. I've tried folding them in by hand and they don't budge and I'm reluctant to apply too much force for fear of breaking something.

So, how do you fold in mirrors on a 15?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Speaking of side mirrors, my 15 has a seam that looks like it should be a folding mirror on both sides. I am reasonable confident that this is because they are indeed folding mirrors as that is pretty standard these days. However, I don't see any button that would fold them in via a motor. I've tried folding them in by hand and they don't budge and I'm reluctant to apply too much force for fear of breaking something.

So, how do you fold in mirrors on a 15?
If you have power-folding mirrors, there is a button on the drivers door.

Even if you don't have power-folding mirrors, you'll still have the seam on the mirror, as it is federal law that all new vehicles must have breakaway mirrors, for pedestrian safety purposes.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
If you have power-folding mirrors, there is a button on the drivers door.

Even if you don't have power-folding mirrors, you'll still have the seam on the mirror, as it is federal law that all new vehicles must have breakaway mirrors, for pedestrian safety purposes.
My 14 mirrors folded in manually. You just have to give them a little nudge.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
OK. Just needed a little more nudging on my part. Must have been some grime or something in there. I was worried that if they were on motors that forcing it might break something but since there was not switch visible anywhere, I just had to unstick it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts