Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Tech

I've noticed this a couple times now. If I enter speed dial info so I can access using the steering wheel controls they will remain there. If someone else uses key fob #2 they are gone when I go back to fob #1. All of the other settings seem to be the way they were originally. My phone is a Galaxy S9.

Anyone else experience this issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
2014 Tech

I've noticed this a couple times now. If I enter speed dial info so I can access using the steering wheel controls they will remain there. If someone else uses key fob #2 they are gone when I go back to fob #1. All of the other settings seem to be the way they were originally. My phone is a Galaxy S9.

Not sure why that is happening. Would it be worthwhile to simply connect via Bluetooth and use voice commands to have the phone dial your contact? Works a treat with my iPhone.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
2014 Tech

The big question is if you are truly back in driver 1 when this happens.

For example, if you and driver 2 have pretty much the same style schemes and presets except for the speed dials, and you didn't lock the doors after the last drive by driver 2, it will stay on driver 2 settings. The way our key fob driver memory works is that it detects the fob only during car unlocking. You can also get a mixup if both fobs are in range.

So the best thing to do is to watch what driver comes up when enter your car or turn it on. It will say which driver on the screen and also go to that driver's settings for seat memory and such, so watch to see which light flashes on the seat memory on the door.

Now if those are all correct and the speed dial still isn't loading, another culprit could be the phone not being connected. The car always seems to only remember the last phone that was connected, so if driver 2 drove and had the phone connected, but gets in the car with you on the next trip while you drive, it will still load driver 2's phone instead of yours. Then the speed dial won't show yours then either.

The one thing i can't remember is if the phone fails to sync contacts, will it still load speed dial. I need to test that again.

And then there is just the fact that the Acura driver memory system is rather buggy... I've had it load driver 2 despite having been locked after the prior driver and driver 2's key being miles away.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks neoshi!

I will have to test but I think what you mentioned could be the issue. The car was parked in the garage, fob 2 removed from car BUT never locked or unlocked when I started it with my fob 1. It must have still been on fob 2 -- I'll be honest, never even looked to see which driver # came up.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thanks neoshi!

I will have to test but I think what you mentioned could be the issue. The car was parked in the garage, fob 2 removed from car BUT never locked or unlocked when I started it with my fob 1. It must have still been on fob 2 -- I'll be honest, never even looked to see which driver # came up.
I don’t know your issue but,the car does not have to locked and unlocked to recognize the right FOB. I just tested it. Our car is in the garage. Went to car with wife’s key. The seat moved to her position and started as driver 1. Went back in and got my FOB. Seat moved back started as driver 2.
BTY. I don’t think the FOB has any correlation to the phone. If your phone is in the car by itself,it will pickup your phone. If another phone is in the car,it will pick up that one. If 2 phones,it gets confused.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I don’t know your issue but,the car does not have to locked and unlocked to recognize the right FOB. I just tested it. Our car is in the garage. Went to car with wife’s key. The seat moved to her position and started as driver 1. Went back in and got my FOB. Seat moved back started as driver 2.
When you came back did your mdx give you the unlock beep when you touched the handle? I ask because you have a newer mdx (2017+) that has auto lock, while the 2014-2016 does not.

Anyhow, this procedure is actually how the 2014-2016 mdxes work. You can choose to believe it or not, but ask any dealer tech and they will tell you the same.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
When you came back did your mdx give you the unlock beep when you touched the handle? I ask because you have a newer mdx (2017+) that has auto lock, while the 2014-2016 does not.

Anyhow, this procedure is actually how the 2014-2016 mdxes work. You can choose to believe it or not, but ask any dealer tech and they will tell you the same.

I knew someone would ask this. auto lock is off. I don’t need to lock the car in the garage.
I seem to recall my 14 working the same way. Though not consistently.
By the way. I do know when my car is locked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts