Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't claim to have ANY reliable information about the 03 MDX changes (just like everyone else, whether they accept it or not!). So I am just posting what I THINK will be the new features in the 03 X - its based on a lot of experience with Acura vehicles, and details of what has been introduced in the 03 Acura/Honda vehicles to date:

In no particular order,
1. HID lights
2. Auto-up driver's window
3. 3.5L S-type engine, 260 HP, 10.5 compression ratio
4. Rear view camera available as accessory
5. Suspension tuned for more sporty ride, in line with the slightly more powerful engine.
6. On star with the NAV.
7. Minor refinements to the transmission.
8. Some minor cosmetic changes.
9. Slightly wider tires (still 17").

I do not think we will get,
1. side curtain airbags
2. Skid control system
3. Voice activated NAV
4. Full size spare
though all these are almost necessary, hence almost certain to appear in the 04 X.

Acura has gotto to distance "significantly" from the Pilot, but they won't go all the way in 03. They still don't have to. By 04, they will HAVE to (go all the way).

Again, pure speculation on my part, but not just by dreaming, but by trying to analyze trends, to whatever extent I can. Lets see where the chips fall!!! Hope I am not TOTALLY wrong!!!!!

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
I think you probably meant to post this in one of the existing 03 discussion/speculation threads...u might want to cut n paste it into one of those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.