Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a new 2020 MDX last month. Need to get a REAL spare tire. I saw that others have done this too. The kit seems to have been discontinued though. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
some places say discontinued, but when I called the dealer they had them in stock. The PN may have changed, which may be why some online ones show discontinued.

The current kit has all the parts you need, not sure what the "floor panel required" refers to but the kit is a 15 minute bolt on. Even works with a full sized spare for the hybrid.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
We purchased a new 2020 MDX last month. Need to get a REAL spare tire. I saw that others have done this too. The kit seems to have been discontinued though. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
I'm assuming you have a fwd MDX? The sh-awd MDXs have the spare tire kit, tools, and donut spare (just trade out the dount for a full-size spare). Only the fwd MDX and hybrid MDX need the spare tire kit+tools+tire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we bought the front wheel drive model with the tech package. We're wanting to put a full size spare on the car. Does the "kit" come with a wheel? Sorry usually the husband takes care of all this for us.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I have the hybrid MDX and that doesn't come with a spare. I added the a spare tire kit minus the donut spare at time of purchase. I found an used Acura rim and used tire on Ebay. I purchased a tire at around 80%-90% treadlife (that way the spare would have around the same treadlife when used down the road).

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Yes we bought the front wheel drive model with the tech package. We're wanting to put a full size spare on the car. Does the "kit" come with a wheel? Sorry usually the husband takes care of all this for us.
The kit doesn't come with full size wheel. I just ordered a rim from eBay seller today. It is cheapest I found plus it includes TPMS sensor.

·
Registered
145 Posts
the kit comes with a rim for a "donut" spare. IMHO, toss the donut spare rim, get a rim with a size matching what is on the car on ebay, tire store etc. and get a used or inexpensive new tire of the same size as on the car. Then you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Ordered yesterday and arrived this morning. Nice packaging.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts