Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have a 2016 2wd with tech package. If I want do install a spare tire I gather I need the spare wheel/tire, jack, and the hoist.... is this correct? See eBay pics attached. Do I need anything else? Thanks for any advice....

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are some prior threads on this subject. I would add be careful you get the correct bolt pattern on the steel wheel. They changed from 2016 to 2017.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey buddy, I don't think you need the thing that in your second pic, your car should comes with it, cuz mine was missing the spare tire as well, but I found one in car-part.com, I remember I paid $75 for the tire, rim, jack, and socket, I believe it was never been use.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You can occasionally find the space-saving spare tires here - look in the classifieds. They are not supposed to be used for towing so those of us with our SH-AWD MDXes set up for towing sell the space-saving spares and buy OEM rims from those that upgrade to custom rims - no reason to pay full price at the dealer. The tools can be bought at a discount at OEMacuraparts.com and other on-line dealers. If you have any questions their parts explosions can help. Do pay attention to the change of bolt patterns between the second gen and 2014 models, then back again (in 2017?). What were they thinking?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Driiling Holes for Hoist

Thanks for the help folks! I ordered wheel and tire from a scrapyard and the hoist/jack from an Acura seller.

Holes for the hoist need to be drilled into the underside of the car. Does the hoist attach from the underside or from the inside? Looks like this may be beyond the scope of a DYI project!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Disregard! Sucessfully installed hoist to underside of car. Wheel is correct for a 2016. Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts