Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed tire hoist on my 04 MDX today and find out that I need octagon to spin the stem. I used 10mm open wrench. But I'm wondering if there is a tool for it? If so please share manufacturer and part number.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I have changed tire hoist on my 04 MDX today and find out that I need octagon to spin the stem. I used 10mm open wrench. But I'm wondering if there is a tool for it? If so please share manufacturer and part number.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yes there is a tool. However, it is not the best tool.

The easiest and fastest tool is a deep socket used with a "speed wrench." You could use a ratchet, but that is slower.

George

·
Registered
50 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the lug wrench that comes with the vehicle has a deeper inset beyond the initial lug-sized opening that necks down to the size needed to grab and spin the octagonal spare hoist bolt.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the lug wrench that comes with the vehicle has a deeper inset beyond the initial lug-sized opening that necks down to the size needed to grab and spin the octagonal spare hoist bolt.
This.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey folks. Thought I would resurrect an old thread to keep things together.

I am working on a listing of cars that have spare tire hoists in them.
I cannot figure out the 01-06 MDX. The replacement parts all seem to have a 6 sided nut that you turn to lower the spare. But the only video I can find online the guy has a 5 sided nut that was used in later years?

In this thread a 10MM was mentioned as an alternative to the factory lug wrench. Does that 10mm work on the 6 sided or a 5 sided nut?

Any pics or measurements you could post along with your year might help me clear it up.
Thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts