Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this forum not have any active Moderators to watch for all this spam? The Recent Discussion is full of it and its hard to keep tabs on popular topics.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yeah the spam is getting out of control... Where the hell are the moderators?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Should place the 5 comment rule to open new threads.... Usually the Spam Bots only use the account to open threads and not to comment.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
No, there are a few others here. I don't think there are ANY mods left over at AcuraWorld, their sister site. In fact, I think I'm the only human being that's still *on* that board on a regular basis.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Do you want us to send spam alerts to help? I was doing that for the past few weeks but then I got really tired of it last week when the spam started RAINING in. lol

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
^ Not necessarily, My 88,888 Thread has been seen by 85 people and nobody cared to comment... Not like its too entertaining or interesting but I haven't seen any real action either to not waste time and just comment on it, There are just too many Ghost Users.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
New mods would definitely help out. Most of the active mod crew has been here for at least a decade, and some have moved on to other vehicles and other experiences or don't check in as much.

When I first joined this site in early 2001, we all knew each other personally.....we shared our lives, we had a lot of fun, we even ran prize contests and I used to have new product reviews and demos. Sadly, that's all gone by the wayside and with the explosion of social media and conglomerate ownership many of the formerly active forums are now pretty much reduced to information databases and how-tos. Most don't hang around beyond getting a few questions answered.

The most effective way to prevent spam is in the admin section, banning blocks of IPs and known spam email addresses.....but I don't know if there's anyone actively doing that anymore. Being the founder of the AudioKarma website I know how to do all of that, but being a vendor sponsor as well I always felt that it could be a perceived conflict of interest to be a site admin. I was even reluctant to take a mod spot for that reason....but I've been here so long and everyone knew me so well that nobody minded.

But yes, please report any spam you see. I'll do my best to keep things clean :)

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Still here and still modding. You should see how many you guys DON'T see me delete and ban. YES please click on notify spam to admin/mods. It helps us when were not available to mod. I think Tim and I are the only active mods left.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Appreciate you guys for taking care of them. It's like another full time job.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Still here and still modding. You should see how many you guys DON'T see me delete and ban. YES please click on notify spam to admin/mods. It helps us when were not available to mod. I think Tim and I are the only active mods left.
I would be happy to help blow out the spam accounts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts