Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm seeing a number of spam posts from Klifftech. Is an admin going to "ban & clean" this up?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:lurk: let us see how long that takes....
One of the forums I admin for, I get alerts if there's multiple similar posts from the same person. And a PM from a member if I don't catch it. :) My forum has a "ban & clean" feature, which is awesome because it'll not only ban the person or bot, but wipe out all their posts in one go.

·
Registered
279 Posts
They manage many forums so it takes a while. Hopefully they will clean it up quickly. I use the active posts list and that's almost useless with all the spam

·
Registered
85 Posts
One of the forums I admin for, I get alerts if there's multiple similar posts from the same person. And a PM from a member if I don't catch it. :) My forum has a "ban & clean" feature, which is awesome because it'll not only ban the person or bot, but wipe out all their posts in one go.
That is what the moderators over at ROC (ridgeline owners club), that I am active in, do. Ban and clean up the threads & posts. Downside, when the threads clean up all posts in that thread from other members disappear as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what the moderators over at ROC (ridgeline owners club), that I am active in, do. Ban and clean up the threads & posts. Downside, when the threads clean up all posts in that thread from other members disappear as well.
Yeah, you unfortunately will also delete regular posts in its wake, typically anything after that spam post. For the most part though, the bots or person starts a post vs. posting within a legitimate thread, so the damage is minimal.

·
Administrator
213 Posts
When seeing spam, use the Report Post button so we can get alerted to the post itself. If you are using a thread like this one to report it, please provide a link to the post.

I searched for "Klifftech" and found nothing. Can you provide a link so we can wipe them out?

- JB

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
When seeing spam, use the Report Post button so we can get alerted to the post itself. If you are using a thread like this one to report it, please provide a link to the post.

I searched for "Klifftech" and found nothing. Can you provide a link so we can wipe them out?

- JB

It's EVERY post by this user: https://www.mdxers.org/forums/192510-klifftech.html

One example (there are 129 posts!):

https://www.mdxers.org/forums/24-announcements/166542-website-designing-company-amar-colony-delhi.html

I tried using the "Report Post" button on several of the threads, but you have the forum configured to require we wait 60 seconds between reporting posts... It would take over two hours to report each post! So basically the bots win.

Have you considered promoting a normal forum member to a moderator so that routine cleanups can be taken care of while you focus on other admin/business tasks?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^I'm nominating you. :D

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
^Seconded

I looked at the forum that day and just closed it out until someone cleaned it up lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
213 Posts
@p07r0457 - Appreciate the link. That member and all posts are gone.

To clarify since there is some confusion: We have a function to wipe out a spammer and all their posts. You only need to report 1 post from 1 spammer and we'll take care of it.

There is no need to report every post a spammer makes as we only need to see one to clean it all up.

Let us know if you see any more.

- JB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts