Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pros:
I have changed my oil in my 07 MDX around 4,700 miles. I've yet to rotate the tires. I'm headed to Southern California next week which I anticipate putting roughly 1000 miles on her (round trip). Should I rotate tires before I leave or after returning? Remember I drive seldom as she has 5300 give or take current miles........

I'm going to Simi Valley, then to Alhambra for a wedding. I know nothing about Alhambra.....Is it a safe town or should I keep an eye on my back? I was once asked to join my friends fathers apartment in "Compton California" and my Long Beach cousin about fell out of his chair warning me to "stay clear of Compton" so is Alhambra safe as I've yet to hear back from him.......:confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Alhambra is reasonably safe; I hope you enjoy the Chinese food at the Chinese or Vietnamese wedding reception you're attending.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
google told me 45% Asian and 35% Mexican from the year 2000 statistics.....I'll make sure to bring my chop sticks and don't let anyone borrow my Lucchese boots ! :eek: :eek: :1:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Fabvsix said:
google told me 45% Asian and 35% Mexican from the year 2000 statistics.....I'll make sure to bring my chop sticks and don't let anyone borrow my Lucchese boots ! :eek: :eek: :1:

Boots at a wedding? You really are from the deep south...

I will be in Anaheim tomorrow, UFC 76 baby!

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gmc:
They are "hand made" dress boots that cost me $3000.00 and took 3 months to make after placing my order. This doesn't account for sizing (flying to texas, rental car cost, hotel etc....). They are the finest money can buy..... Trust me they are knock outs, drop dead gorgeous.....John Wayne amongst others bought/buys their boots there........these are not machine made run of the mill junk boots trust me.........

Attachments

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They also made me a matching boots (boots are Nile Croc and belt is Alligator) looks the same to me with the signature belt buckle. Many of the family members live in or around Bakerfield California. Ever been there? If you had 90% wear country western wear........so I'll fit right in and will have the FINEST boots there........

Attachments

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice packaging too!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll be placing another order soon.......

Attachments

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Justin just places their machine made junk boots in plastic bags in a tired box and ships it to you door.......yawn.......After getting the Rolls Royce of the boots, I never worn my Justin's since ........."night and day" as Frank Sinatra sung.......What is wrong with diversity? I also wear sandles, tennis shoes, wing tip dress shoes, punk shoes, not just western wear! Heck I even have two pairs of authentic clogs from Holland........

:1: :1: :1::1:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
A bit OT, but thanks for posting picks of your boots, Fab. Ever since I got here and saw your sig, I've been wondering what the Black Cherry color looked like in real life. Even though I'm a born and bred New Yorker, my mother hails from upstate, and was raised with a deep appreciation for country western music (not the "nu country" crap they play today, but the real deal -- Johnny Cash, Charlie Pride, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, etc). She started buying me cowboy boots and bolo ties from when I was three years old (I still have my first pair of Fryes). I've been thinking about getting a pair of Luccheses, but they ain't exactly giving them away are they? I collect watches, and after my last pick up, somehow I doubt that my wife is going to let me drop three large on a pair of boots. Still, after seeing yours, I'm sorely tempted to sell one my "kids" and put the money towards a pair of Classics.

Now, back on topic... Good luck with your road trip, and be sure to let us know how your X fares. I'm heading out to Montreal tomorrow with the wife and baby, and anticipate adding almost 1000K mi to X as well. Needless to say, I can't wait to hit the road!

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go to their web site, click on "news" and scroll down to "America's best products".....They are featured about the 3rd company.....pretty much sums it up......
Nuff said too !

"3 generation family"
"Each boot made totally hand made by one person"
"Only the finest materials used"
"Lemon pegged wood soles"
"John Wayne reciept 1947 was the date" ...oh my......
"fit like NO other boots...."

I've waited till I was 47 to have my boots I've always wanted.....now I want a pair in Black........:rolleyes:

When I flew home this past May to Louisiana, every plane attendant commented how gorgeous my boots were......no one missed them let's put it that way......I ran between connecting flights in Houston as I thought I was going to be mugged.......:1: :1:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Fab, the boots are nice, but....
I'd rather see some pics of the asian hotties at the Alhambra weddding reception.

Of course, pics of the hotties admiring your boots would be acceptable.

Have fun tonight!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Here are Fab's boots pix again LOL.

anyhow, Alhambra is OK, but I would be careful with where I park regardless. Who knows, some punk kids might decide to have a lil' KEY game....

BTW, did I miss something? Is it this week or last weekend trip? Have a good trip if you haven't already gone.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm leaving this Wednesday for

Slimy Valleyless to visit Ronald Reagan (not)
PennyOaks (ThousandOaks) Yawn
Short Beach (Belmont Shores-Long Beach which has the BEST climate in the US.....) LOVE IT THERE as I have my own apartment waiting for us....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SoCal weather........
Alhambra (wedding/reception) I'll look out for those rice rocket punks-Trust me......
San Dimas (nice little town......) BBQ and good Tequila!
Back home Monday coming.....Burp......

GET OVER THE BOOTS LionSpeed.....they attract the ladies.......;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
It has been NICE very nice weather I must say for the past few days (Thurs - today Monday). High in the low 70's during the day. Thanks for the rain on Friday & Sat... This Wednesday is a different story. Apparently the HEAT wave is coming back. It could reach 90's in Alhambra, so don't forget to drink lots of liquid FAB. When I say LIQUID, I mean MARG ok?

:)

PS. Nice boots = chicks magnet? hmmm, then I gotta get me those boots.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts