Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
681 Posts
Charleston

I vote for Charleston. We've got beaches, the Hunley and the most gracious and beautiful city in America (IMHO) not to mention the best shrimp dinners on earth.
Meep Meep

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ah A little far of a drive here... I'd go to Orlando or may north Florida... But charleston with a 16 month old would take two days...

But hey, who knows!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'll second the motion for Clearwater, since it is close to home.

I will say this Roadrunner, I have stayed at Isle of Palms, and that was very nice. But I'm in the same boat as dakster, I've got a 17 month old, and another on the way.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I could do Northern Florida

Or how about Atlanta; more centrally located?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hey guys, I don't have an 'X anymore but I vote for O-Town. I know of some nice wide open trails in and around the Withlacoochee State Forest for those of you who want to do some light off-roading. You could meet up at the Disney Village or something.

Also, I will be organizing a 4th Annual Big CR-V / MDX Scrub for February '03, to be held on the Saturday before the Daytona 500 whenever that is. Here's a link to the pictorial and writeup for this past February's event. Only 2 'Xs and 5 'Vs showed up, but we had a lot of fun:

3rd Annual Big CR-V / MDX Scrub

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
The Caddyshack restaraunt at the World Golf Village near St. Augustine also makes for a nice meeting spot. That's where we all met for the 3rd Annual Scrub. Lots of parking to show off your rides (see pic below) and there is a nice room at the Caddyshack that can be reserved for a group. It's located just off of I-95, so it's fairly easy to find and the location would be roughly midway between S. Carolina and the folks in Miami I'm guessing. Plus there are a few interesting things to see in St. Augustine.

Attachments

·
681 Posts
Florida is my 2nd choice!

Well, I still like Charleston - BUT - if not there, then I do like Florida, especially Orlando:
1) Your families will love you and want to come along
2) My grandson lives in Florida so I don't mind going there tooooooooo much;) ;)
Meep Meep

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok. when is this "meeting" supposed to take place, because I am gonna be out of town for most of may and another week in july/august...

Anything in Florida for me is great. Atlanta would be strecthing it, but maybe doable...

·
Registered
15 Posts
My vote is for North Fla

I think the Caddy Shack restraunt near St. Augustine is a great place.

Just off 95 and plenty of parking and great fun!!

Please advise.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would like something centrally located (like Birmingham or Mobile), but Florida is always nice. We are planning to vacation in Orlando/Tampa sometime soon. We can't decide whether to fly or drive, and an MDX get together would break the tie.

OTOH, the Smokys are great. There are some neat places in North Georgia near the AT that we could check out. Does anybody live in that area?

- Conrad

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am going to the smokies (gatlinburg, tn) in July... so if we did it then, then any of places you guys mentioned would be do... It takes me two days to get to TN with the baby....

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
OK its been over 30 days ...

... so it doesn't show up anymore (I'm set to show last 30 days only).:rolleyes:

Not sure there is any interest in this part of the world, but its back on top now.;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
How about somewhere like New Orleans Or Biloxi. These places are nice and on the beach and a bit closer to where I am. Orlando is like a 8 hour drive for me. Where do most of ya'll live?

·
Registered
671 Posts
They all sound like great places, but I'd like the St. Augustine location - never been there, always wanted to go, but never had a good reason!

·
Registered
21 Posts
st. augustine

OMG you people would love st. augustine! The "feeling" you get there leaves with you. It's all warm and gushy!LOL We just visited in May and while I don't live there I do vote for it! There is a great place to stay in Downtown called the Casa Monica! Could you see all the valet attendants we we all pull in? There lucky day. Anyways, who, what, and when, where??? I'd be glad to help anyone doing the planning try to get great rates and assist anyway I can. Second choice is St. Pete area, that's suppose to be a nice area. Or Daytona would be cool to. Lots of strip to cruise in Daytona.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welp when are we gonna do this? and I guess we should have a vote on where?

I am sure most people are in the same boat as I am, and need time to properly plan.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts