Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lovely drive - and to know that Acura replaced the shocks (it was the front pair of ADS shocks) makes me feel even better.

The only thing so far that I have noticed is everytime I start the car I have to put in the navigation code. Once I put it in everything is fine. Any ideas what it could be?

Now, if it is the battery, that may make sense since one termination has some corrosion froth on it, so definitely not a new battery. But the car starts fine without problems and everything else works fine. I am OK replacing the battery if many of you think it's the issue. Just want to be sure.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Memory Backup" circuit may have a blown fuse.
Thanks. What you say makes sense since when i get in and make changes to the volume, the next time i start the car and after entering the code again the volume level goes back to default. Would you know where to locate this fuse? I couldnt find it in my manual

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought you may get a chuckle at my expense if you want to feel better about yourself.

Not even 24 hours after getting my awesome 2008 MDX was I watching it get loaded onto a flat bed truck and hauled off to my mechanic.

Nothing wrong with the car.

I screwed it up.

You see, I thought I would upgrade the battery to an AGM battery. Apparently previous one was 24F only.

Been 13 years since I replaced any battery in any car.

I did it at my Dad's place on a visit with my kids. Batttery came out fine. I only had some manual wrenches so the bracket was hard to tighten over the new battery.

Then it came time to put on the positive clamp. Easy right?

Unfortunately I overtightened it and it warped, thereby staying loose and easily popping off. It was the early evening yesterday and all auto parts stores and mechanic closed so I called CAA. They towed it back to my mechanic an hour away and my Dad had to drive me back to my workplace - an hour in a different direction to get my 04 MDX which is parked at work (long story as to why) and then I drove back to my Dad's to get the kids

Never had any inkling those clamps can overtighten to the point of warping. Hopefully it is an easy fix for my mechanic to replace that clamp.

I am so not mechanically inclined...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I put in a new battery. No change. Still is asking for the navi code everytime i start the car. Once i put in the code everything is fine. It is just the navi asking for it. Radio is fine and presets are kept etc.

I am also unable to locate this memory backup fuse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts