Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a long time Acura fan, had them in the driveway ever since my dads Legend back in the day, I even worked there for 5 years fixing them (2002-2007).

Mine had 230,000km on it. The main reason I sold it was it felt like driving a ticking time bomb. Mine had the magnetic suspension, which has its own issues well covered here.

i paid 17,500 for it in 2016, and sold it last week for 8,000.

when you compare these cars to there counter parts, they go for a lot less. The reliability has also gone downhill in recent years.
I’ll be replacing it with a Lexus product, probably an RX or an NX.
Hopefully Acura can get there game back and have me back as a proud owner in the future.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We traded in our 1999 Lexus RX300 for a new 2010 MDX, and have had it ever since. We are starting to think about getting something else because of age and operating costs. The current MDX is outdated, and I don’t think I want to wait the 1-2 years they say the new RX will come out, so our focus is now on the Hyundai Palisade. I would have never thought 10 years ago I would be considering a Korean vehicle but it was a great test drive experience and those I know who own one are very happy with their choice... the Japanese are riding on past glories and have dropped the ball.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I have been a long time Acura fan, had them in the driveway ever since my dads Legend back in the day, I even worked there for 5 years fixing them (2002-2007).

Mine had 230,000km on it. The main reason I sold it was it felt like driving a ticking time bomb. Mine had the magnetic suspension, which has its own issues well covered here.

when you compare these cars to there counter parts, they go for a lot less. The reliability has also gone downhill in recent years.
Hopefully Acura can get there game back and have me back as a proud owner in the future.
I bought mine new in November 2006. It has been 14 years now and I never felt the car is unpredictable. In fact, I might get another 2008 or 2009 for my kids.

I feel the most important thing to keep the car forever is to change the oil relatively often, and use good gas. Not much else if you can keep up the maintenance. Being willing to work in the car yourself is also important. Going to the dealership gets really expensive nowadays, and most independent shops are downright dangerous.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: AcuraAddicted

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Just replaced the following items and drive like new minus the new car smell. 2011 ADV.

ADS to non-ADS
inner and outer tie rods
Front engine mount
Side engine mount
Stabilizer end link and busings
Alternator
Starter motor
Timing belt
PVC valve
Oil pump reseal
Driver Radiator motor
Front Camshaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Lexus RX and NX look very flimsy and under power and feminine looking. Not a car for man.

Get the Lexus LX 470 or 570 if you really want a switch from the MDX for a true lux experience and status’s quo.

If I were you I would get the 2021 MDX A-Spec and stay away from Lexus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
Acura has another can of worms with their 2016 - 2020 MDX and their 2019 - 2020 RDX powering down, when the owner attempts to make a pass on the Interstate.
In today's world of the SUV being King, Acura is toast.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Im not sure any newer Rx or lexus/toyotas are any better to be honest. They have issues with door locks breaking, fuel pump problems and recalls where the engine loses power not to mention the problem with the Rav4 engine block. The Gx is probably the best, even the 4runner now has a few issues in the 5th gen. In conclusion, there literally seems to be nothing reliable thats newer than 2010 or so... New vehicles across all brands seem to last the warranty period and thats about it. I too dont think i will spend so much money on another MDX that wont last at least 15 yrs, I dont think there are any brands that can last like the old school suvs anymore. Apart from the Gx and LX and landcruiser but those are costly and who knows what will happen with the price of gas in the long run.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im not sure any newer Rx or lexus/toyotas are any better to be honest. They have issues with door locks breaking, fuel pump problems and recalls where the engine loses power not to mention the problem with the Rav4 engine block. The Gx is probably the best, even the 4runner now has a few issues in the 5th gen. In conclusion, there literally seems to be nothing reliable thats newer than 2010 or so... New vehicles across all brands seem to last the warranty period and thats about it. I too dont think i will spend so much money on another MDX that wont last at least 15 yrs, I dont think there are any brands that can last like the old school suvs anymore. Apart from the Gx and LX and landcruiser but those are costly and who knows what will happen with the price of gas in the long run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts