Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had mine done last week. Other than the improved speed of the system, I did not notice any real changes. Am I missing anything? This would be TSB 15-001.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My VIN was not part of the original update from last year, so my software was from the factory. The system would lock up on occasion, and would be very slow to respond at times. My wife's 15 is faster. I can say, response time has improved. But, as you said, no enhancements. :(

·
Registered
198 Posts
Did ours - the speed improvements are huge. They should be mentioned on the TSB. "The system runs like ass" should be a qualifying complaint. Not just "headphones crackle" and other things.

Entering addresses, just pressing buttons even - massive improvement. I had previously been using the 2.x software, the first update last year.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Is this a free update ?
This is a warranty update to the software. It's not the same thing as a map update and doesn't include one (at least the v1->v2 updated didn't update the map).

Some dealers give a hassle about doing the update.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
To see the software version (works for 2014) -

- Press the 'Settings' button (lower right in the center stack)
- Select 'System Settings'
- Scroll down to 'System/Device Settings' and select it. The software version will be indicated.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How did you guys convince the dealership to give you the update?
I read the TSB and complained how bad the system is. It did freeze on me twice recently. Speed was horrible. No issues from dealer. Even got a loaner.

Remember this is for 2014 only.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thank you. Interesting to me is that TSB 15-001 is dated 08/21/2015. I took my MDX to Scanlon Acura in Ft Myers for TSB 15-037 (a/c compressor clutch bolt replacement) & an oil change on 09/22/15. At that time I asked the service writer if there was a software update for the entertainment/navigation system. The response written on the work order is "...No updates found...". Go figure...

So now I get to make another trip to the dealer to have the Rev 3 software loaded into the system. It's a good thing this forum exists, & that I enjoy driving the MDX

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have a 2014 and the dealer says the version 3 is for the 2015 or newer?
I suggest you go ahead and print the TSB 15-001 (the version 3 software update) and show it to your dealer service advisor. It states right at the top that it applies to all 2014 MDXs.

Whoever you talked to at your dealership obviously doesn't know what they're doing and didn't even bother to check it. Maybe they don't understand Acura's TSB numbering scheme and just assumed the '15' part of the number meant it was for 2015 models - which isn't accurate.

·
Registered
78 Posts
TSB 15-001 says that it replaces TSB 14-014. I've had TSB 14-014 performed to fix my heated seat voice command and it shutting off for no reason. I didn't notice any improvement in the speed of the system. Has anyone had TSB 14-014 AND 15-001 performed? If so, was there any improvement in system speed?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts