Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to play around with a 18 TLX's Apple car play to see what a 18 MDX would be like and I'm thinking a navtool is better option than new apple car play. Unless you just need a 2018 MDX. Especially since it's on top navigation screen that's not touch screen. You have to use the infoconnect dail and center push button. It's a pain.. but the new radio layout in bottom touchscreen is very nice.. sorry I should have taken pictures while I was in the TLX..

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought the same thing too. I think mirroring my device is more useful since you can only run approved apps with Apple Car Play. Purchase a 2017 because of discounts. Just received my Navtool and waiting on a few things before I start the install. Planning to document my install since I haven't seen a good one yet for a 2014+ MDX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed navtool mine in my 16 MDX..
first read the below link and then read my little write up it will make more sense.. I hope.. the below is for a ILX not really for MDX but it's close.
the biggest thing is to insure you don't mess up the soft dash parts.. use towels to sit lower radio screen on while removing and routing new cables and removing old cables. I didn't remove any soft panels only lower screen face plate where a/c vents are, the lower screen 2 bolts are underneath the radio screen.. access under it. you don't have to completely remove them just enough to loosen screws so screen you can remove it. To get access to navigation screen the top panel is easy but the bottom screen has to be removed to get access to the navigation bottom cover that has screws that can only be accessible once lower screen is removed or pulled out enough to get to back access. Get at least 6 red T clips and male red clips to connect the 18 gauge wires to existing 6 wires..

https://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx...ronics-navigation-416/navtool-install-947563/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts