Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a southern California dealer to buy a MDX from that is fair, ethical and that will discount for a fleet sale. I'm thrown for a loop after reading the dealer reviews on this site. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Van Merrill ... What do you mean by a "fleet sale"? You indicated that you planned to buy "a MDX" ...
:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A fleet sale simply means that I would be working with the "Fleet Manager". The fleet manager assists businesses who are purchasing vehicles. I look forward to any thoughts you may have.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Fleet Sales -- 1 MDX

Van Merrill,

While I wish you lots of luck, I don't think that you are going to fare too well. While the "Fleet Sales" approach works with dealers such as Chevy, Ford, etc. that is because they are geared to:

(1) Selling vehicles available in quantity.

(2) Selling "a quantity" of vehciles to a single buyer.

I previously owned a business and purchased multiple vehicles [cargo vans] from the fleet departments at both Chevy and Ford dealerships.

I don't think you are going to find an Acura dealer willing to sell at "fleet prices" [e.g. $250 - $500 over dealer invoice] when they can get MSRP [or more] and have more demand than supply.

I could be wrong but don't think so. If you want a discount, then you might be successful waiting for the 2003s to come out and buying a 2002 that a dealer is anxious to unload.

Another approach is buying out of state [some areas outside CA seem to be willing to discount a lilttle based on what I have read on this website].

If we had any better ideas, why would we be paying MSRP [or MSRP++]??

·
Registered
273 Posts
Van Merrill said:
I'm looking for a southern California dealer to buy a MDX from that is fair, ethical and that will discount for a fleet sale. I'm thrown for a loop after reading the dealer reviews on this site. Any ideas?
Van Merrill,

Until supply catches up with demand, I doubt ANY So Cal dealers will discount their MDXs.

I recommend that you contact Chuck Hershey at Metro Acura. He will order your MDX, sell it to you for MSRP, with NO forced accessories. Metro Acura will require no money down. All they ask is for you to FAX them a credit report, which they do not run.

rflagg

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Acura Fleet Sales

Actually if you are looking to work with Acura Fleet Sales, there is a port of entry in Irvine called Acura of Southern California and they do fleet sales.

HOWEVER....They will not deal with you unless you are buying like....Five plus Acura MDX.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Fleet Price ?

Good luck on getting a discount.

I've been to two dealerships, one was quite friendly, the other rather rude. The rude one (finance manager) literally gave me a flier; said the truck comes in 4 ways; these are the prices; no room for negotiation; we have one on the lot and it's spoken for; sorry no test drive available at this time; we are taking deposits.

The rude one doesn't offer loaners for service.

If you know Southern Kali you can figure out the rude one and the polite one....I will be driving out by Magic Mountain from my City of Roses.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Re: Fleet Price ?

up4funnla said:
If you know Southern Kali you can figure out the rude one and the polite one....I will be driving out by Magic Mountain from my City of Roses.
I bought mine from Valencia Acura - I didn't pay above MSRP - but I wouldn't recommend the dealer. If you're in Pasadena, you may want to give Acura 101 in Calabasas a try - I take my MDX there for servicing and I have a friend who bought an MDX from them. They've given us nothing but excellent service.

BTW most of the dealerships have a deal with Enterprise and can get you a "loaner"... but if you're like me, you end up upgrading rather than driving a Neon. The dealerships have maybe 5 "loaner" cars - once they're out - then you're given an Enterprise rental (bottom line compact paid for by the dealership)... it's no different than if you have your car serviced at Honda or Mazda -- they're not giving you another car equivalent to the MDX to drive while your's is being serviced.

Rail

·
Registered
699 Posts
Re: Fleet Price ?

up4funnla said:
Hmm, that's the reverse of my experience. I live by Magic Mountain, but the salesman there wouldn't return my calls, whereas the City of Roses salesman (their internet sales manager / fleet sales manager), gave me very professional service. I would have loved to keep the sale local. I guess our two sales taken together could be thought of as converting to two local sales. :2:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I live in Stevenson Ranch [next to Valencia]. I did not buy at Valencia Acura or Pasadena. Worst on pricing seems to be Orange County dealers [Try Tustin Acura for a wake up call].

I did buy at Metro Acura [Stacy Stapleton] and they were absolutely great. MSRP, no force options, no games. Definately was WORTH THE DRIVE.

We have our MDX serviced at Valencia Acura. They are providing good service delivered wtih a good attitude.

All our accessories come from Tim at Ray Laks in New York [www.hondacuraworld.com]. Great pricing, great service, always there to help. If Acura could ever grasp what Tim is all about, Acura would be on the path to the Lexus msytique.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Keyes Acura in Van Nuys. Talk to David Mills. Geat guy, honest, fair, etc. I've gotten 4 Acuras from Keyes so far. We just got an MDX there, and paid MSRP, no forced options, very fair trade in on my fiancee's Accord. Also, Keyes will not ask you for a deposit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts