Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were pulling out of a parking space of "Dicks Wings" on A1A across from the ocean. After a great lunch we were pulling out of the parking space (I wasn't driving since I just had a hip replacement a week plus ago) and very light tapped a wood railing in the rear bumper. I slowly got out of the X and to my dismay it left a small dent or crease the size of a dime in the upper "line" of the rear bumper (the upper side to the right of the hatchback). Unfortunately, the dent/crease is right on "line" which may make a paintless dent / ding removal hard or impossible. Is the cover of the bumper plastic? The paint on the plastic appears to "buckled" slightly.

The dent isn't that noticable but really bugs my wife and I because we know it's there. I want to get it fixed. Any suggestions??

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
The sheet metal or rubber bumper

We had our rear bumper repaired/repainted a few weeks ago after someone backed into it in parking lot. Very minor scratches on the rubber part near the left rear wheel.

Total cost was ~$425 (they had to remove the bumper to repaint it all so it would match existing paint).

Ouch; in our case the lady at fault paid for it. Good luck.

·
Registered
570 Posts
depending on the depth, you might get a hair dryer, heat the area, & use something like a broomstick handle to push back out from inside the bumper. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts