Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the most frustrating and horrific story I have been experiencing as of late is the murders commited by this sniper in the Virginia area. So far there are nine deaths and NOT ONE SINGLE THREAD OF EVIDENCE...

Or is there??? I have been following this story for quite sometime and I have my opinions as to who did it, why "they" did it and what the reasons why "they" did it.

And to accomplish this in the area where it is the heart of American political environment is pretty damn BALLZY!

Yesterday, a woman was shot by the sniper in the shopping parking lot of Home Depot. It is discovered that she is an FBI worker focusing on Cyber terrorism and crime. If I look back at the VERY FIRST killing and then look at every single individuals that have died...there is to me a pattern as to why this sniper is doing this type of killing....AND the messages he is trying to get accross. There were a caucasian man, a black man, a young man, child, a woman, white woman, older woman...then now...a woman with a background that focus on a very specific area of crime...

And the places they were shot at...Gas station where EVERY american spend almost on daily basis. At a department store where it is an icon. All this hinges on..why? Why does this cold hearted killer do this? And WHY only in the surrounding areas of Virginia?

There are some theoretical and hypothecial scenarios and reasons why I think this sniper is doing it.

1)To instill fear in every Americans that "We will never be safe."
2)Our countries security and law have loop holes in it
3)We American are breakable
4)To win by psychologically keep us potential victims thinking...
5)Destroy the basic foundation of who we are as Americans.
6)His beliefs to sacrifice the innocent lives of all our American fellows.

It is right UNDER OUR nose: This is an ACT of terrorism. This is an ACT from people who hates American. This is an ACT of Homocides that they have attempted on 9/11/2001.

People, we have a terrorist running around slicing away at our archilles tendon. How sick and twisted can this real life situation mirrored a movie called The Jaeckal. How sick and twisted where we actually wrote, played and demostrated a living document to the very terrorists that infiltrated our country to use the weapons, the media, the transportation and the laws AGAINST us for which we created? It is sick..

I asked you, time to "shoot first and ask questions later?" or is it time to really admit that we need to restructure the way we set up our immigration and naturalization infrastructure.

We need to find this Sniper, we need to find out where are others like him in the U.S. Then we need to go after those that supports him financially.

·
Registered
479 Posts
SANMAN:
It's interesting that my take wrt likely criminal(s) is different than yours. My GUESS is that it is NOT a foreign national, but rather a deranged home-grown and trained maniac or maniacs (a la Timothy McVey). Sort of a mix of a Special Forces sniper and the Zodiac killer.

Regardless of the motivation, the effect is the same. My friends, family and colleagues in the DC area are really freaked out.

Just yesterday there was what is being called a copycat attack in the South Bay (San Jose?). Isn't life grand...:confused:

-Traveller

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
ghm2112 said:
SANMAN:
It's interesting that my take wrt likely criminal(s) is different than yours. My GUESS is that it is NOT a foreign national, but rather a deranged home-gown and trained maniac or maniacs (a la Timothy McVey). Sort of a mix of a Special Forces sniper and the Zodiac killer.

Regardless of the motivation, the effect is the same. My friends, family and colleagues in the DC area are really freaked out.

Just yesterday there was what is being called a copycat attack in the South Bay (San Jose?). Isn't life grand...:confused:

-Traveller
I agree with that. This country has elements that have been promoting anarchy for decades. I don't think it has anything to do with 9/11 but the events of the last couple of years has provided the ground work to take advantage of America's fears.
Unfortunately, they will convince a fair share of paranoid and ingnorant pathetic souls to follow in their ways.
In fact, 9/11 allows them to exploit americans, take advantage of our fears, and spread their hate.
Those groups didn't suddenly disappear when 9/11 happened. All our attention was shifted in another direction. This cowardly (bleep) and sick (bleep) is an example of the mentality.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Fireblade6:

___You have to be careful not to jump on the immigration card just yet. I am not saying it is not a foreign national causing the terror but just like the Anthrax killings after 9/11, nothing pointed to a foreign national after a while either. It may just be a disgruntled tried and true American whacked out sicko (I am sure you know what I really want to call the SOB) which as we all know, there are plenty of in every state in the Union :(

___I wish the best of luck to those who live in the in the DC area and I can only hope they can catch this crazy before any more people die. I am heading into the Maryland/Virginia area for a medical visit in just a few short weeks myself and yes, it has me nervous but it won’t stop me from going as it’s for my wife’s long term quality of life …

___Good Luck to you all.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D.C.

Well...the incident really put a damper on the quality of life for the folks in VA and MD.

I just think it s a damn shame when our country have gone through so much and then we have to witness this type of violence all over again.

I just dont get it. Why must we succumb to this? Maybe me referring to an act of terrorism is to presumptive. But the fact of the matter is..it is an act of Terrorism whether this individual(s) is an American citizen or not.

Our Declaration of Independence is based on an Honor system I feel...yet this very system also encarcerate us.

Now you do know why I said...I LOVE TEXAS???? HELL...AM NOT JUST TALKING about the women either...

so hypothetically...Say a witness saw this culprit and his/her van..if...I have the right to carry arms...Can I shoot the bastard so he wont get away with it?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Fireblade6 -- it's all right with me if you do; just remember that firearms are a no-no in the DC area. The worse part is, if he's caught alive, some lawyer will come along to defend him at OUR expense -- and will probably make him out to be deranged because his daddy spanked him once 35 years ago.

BTW, my older daughter lives in Silver Spring, just around the corner from the service station where the first killing took place. It's the station she uses (nope, USED) all the time. I sure hope they get him soon. Hey, mebbe they'll catch him, he'll escape on the way to jail, they'll whisper "halt," he won't, they shoot him dead, case closed, lots of money saved, and the USA is safe for another millisecond or two.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I heard a brief mention that copy cats are starting to pop up. Has anyone else heard about this?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Anyone watch Dateline or Primetime last night, not sure which show it was, but, they did a story on a similar case about a sniper from the 1960's in the Napa Valley area. Called the Zodiak??? and was never caught.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you think about this situation, there is no logical answer to the reasons why someone is killing randomly like this. There is no obvious motive. Only the fact that they can get away with it. What if it's simply two people making a bet? One shot only: Kill and you get $10; Wound and you get $5.

Once again, there's no logical reason behind this terrorism. And if they are caught, it will probably end as a suicide.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Believe me - I live about 30 miles outside of DC and commute everyday to work in DC. Standing at the bus stop in the evening makes me feel like a sitting duck. My fellow commuters have adapted the duck and dodge stance! We do not stand still for a minute, but to others passing by I am sure it is quite a site. Pretty sad we have to live like this. My boss' 4 year old is afraid to go anywhere because the "bad man with the gun might kill him". By the way, I just found out it is legal to carry a concealed weapon in VA as long as it is registered. How many people do you think are packing now??

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
frostyra said:
Fireblade6 -- it's all right with me if you do; just remember that firearms are a no-no in the DC area. The worse part is, if he's caught alive, some lawyer will come along to defend him at OUR expense -- and will probably make him out to be deranged because his daddy spanked him once 35 years ago.

BTW, my older daughter lives in Silver Spring, just around the corner from the service station where the first killing took place. It's the station she uses (nope, USED) all the time. I sure hope they get him soon. Hey, mebbe they'll catch him, he'll escape on the way to jail, they'll whisper "halt," he won't, they shoot him dead, case closed, lots of money saved, and the USA is safe for another millisecond or two.
It certainly will not take a lawyer to covince anyone he is insane. And all the criminologists and profilers say his capture will likely end in his death. Most these 'people' are suicidal because what they are doing only affords them temporary relief from whatever demons reside in their mind.
Imagine yourself indiscriminately killing people in order to satisfy a voice in your head.
I am not saying let's feel sorry for this guy, but let's hope he gets instant relief so the rest of the country can have some peace.
If only these serial killers would act on their suicidal tendencies FIRST!!!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
rudy331 said:
Believe me - I live about 30 miles outside of DC and commute everyday to work in DC. Standing at the bus stop in the evening makes me feel like a sitting duck. My fellow commuters have adapted the duck and dodge stance! We do not stand still for a minute, but to others passing by I am sure it is quite a site. Pretty sad we have to live like this. My boss' 4 year old is afraid to go anywhere because the "bad man with the gun might kill him". By the way, I just found out it is legal to carry a concealed weapon in VA as long as it is registered. How many people do you think are packing now??
And what good is packing going to do? He apparently does not miss...if he shoots somebody near you are going to take him out? He already shot somebody next to a trooper.
I guess if it makes you feel better go ahead. But if you take a shot I hope you hit him.......I also hope he's the one you hit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
DaleB

I wasn't saying I was intending to carry a weapon, but I imagine some people may. My friend's husband is a lawyer in VA and he is seriously considering purchasing a gun. I just meant it worries me to think of the possibility for the same reasons you stated. Obviously, the average person will not have the same marksmanship that this sniper has so the chances of someone else be injured or killed is very high. How would you like to live in this area???

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: DaleB

rudy331 said:
I wasn't saying I was intending to carry a weapon, but I imagine some people may. My friend's husband is a lawyer in VA and he is seriously considering purchasing a gun. I just meant it worries me to think of the possibility for the same reasons you stated. Obviously, the average person will not have the same marksmanship that this sniper has so the chances of someone else be injured or killed is very high. How would you like to live in this area???
Sorry, it was not my intention to personalize my comment. It was aimed at the people that look to carrying a gun as a knee-jerk reaction. Funny I should use the word 'aimed'...if any of this can be funny.
I wish you the best and hope they are hot on the trail by now.
It's a beautiful part of the country and what you are going through could certainly happen anywhere. I know that's little consolation.

·
Registered
110 Posts
No apology necessary Dale. Just saw that there was another shooting last night in Ashland, VA which is about 90 miles from D.C. Still not know whether it is related, but probably so--really wish they would catch this nut or nuts!!!

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
This might not be popular. . .

Just get rid of guns. . . this sort of garbage doesn't happen in England. . .

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Re: This might not be popular. . .

laborlitigator said:
Just get rid of guns. . . this sort of garbage doesn't happen in England. . .
Things like this do happen in the UK, and elsewhere, where there are 'no guns' or very limited access.
They don't happen to this frequency, but they (England) do not have as large a population either.
What bothers me about the issue is the argument if we get rid of guns then only the outlaws will have them. (Or if a ditactorship takes over the US, etc. etc.)
Well, the bad guys have them now and I don't see it makes much difference.
The cache of arms law enforcement keeps finding in the homes of these nuts, homebrew militia, gangs, etc. is really frightening. I don't know how that can be curbbed, and I have to agree just banning ownership will not do it. Supposedly, felons are screened by the permit process, so the black market has to be thriving, as is the illegal drug market.

(Considering today's terrorists, I suppose we should also have a right to have explosives too.)

But the crime sprees in the UK have risen in numbers, and police are armed in more and more areas. But then the US does not have a monopoly on nuts, terrorists, gangs, or illegal drugs by any means.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Don't give me the dictator ship will result in the U.S. argument. . . this country is too large and too diverse for that to occur.

I only made that statement as an observer. I am neither a pro gun advocate nor am I in the ban guns lobby.

I make that statement as an observation. Turn on your radio. How many of the next random stories of crime do you hear that do not involve some sort of handgun, rifle, machine gun, etc. I also make the statement because one of my best friend's children killed themselves accidentally when their stupid father forgot to put the gun away from their reach.

Give me a break with the statistics and US will turn into the USSR argument. I simply argue reality of what I observe.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
laborlitigator said:
Don't give me the dictator ship will result in the U.S. argument. . . this country is too large and too diverse for that to occur.

I only made that statement as an observer. I am neither a pro gun advocate nor am I in the ban guns lobby.

I make that statement as an observation. Turn on your radio. How many of the next random stories of crime do you hear that do not involve some sort of handgun, rifle, machine gun, etc. I also make the statement because one of my best friend's children killed themselves accidentally when their stupid father forgot to put the gun away from their reach.

Give me a break with the statistics and US will turn into the USSR argument. I simply argue reality of what I observe.
I thought my comment was rather tongue-in-cheek, I certainly do not hold to the agrument that this will become another USSR. This country's diversification and freedom does indeed make it very unique in all the world.
I don't know how we protect society against 'stupid' fathers (or mothers) who also let their children ride in cars without being belted in safely not too mention other numerous ways they endanger their children.
Automobile accidents alone, far out-number related gun deaths. Again, I would like to see much stiffer penalties and making it more difficult to obtain a firearm.
But I would also like to see earlier incarceration/rehabilitation of drunken drivers, and much more stringent driver exams also.
The idea is to reduce all needless deaths in the country, not just ones caused by one instrument.
Along with that is a greater stress on education and training, and more healthy resources for our youth.
Drugs are still one of the greatest if not the greatest common denominator for most violent crimes. It pays for illegal firearms, expensive lawyers, as well as buying off officials.
Back to your own unfortunate experience, there will always be the careless, thoughtless, and incompetent that will in the end be responsible for needless deaths, including their own. That too is a sad reality of life.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts