Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Sport that had the electronic suspension. Now I've got the the front and rear struts replaced with the non-electronic version. Just discovered that I have one rear coil spring that had rusted and snapped off.
Looking at Rockauto, it lists the MOOG rear Sport Suspension as being almost half the price ($58) of the non-Sport one ($90), and yes, they are sold in pairs. Why would the sport one be more expensive? Is there an issue buying this particular model (MOOG 81644 {#52441STXA13, 9F9Z5310A)?

2nd question, should I replace both rears together or just the one that's rusted out?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sport springs are firmer than the tech model. If you use sport springs and tech shocks/aftermarket the ride will be a tad bouncy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sport springs are firmer than the tech model. If you use sport springs and tech shocks/aftermarket the ride will be a tad bouncy.
Other posts say sport springs are softer, at least for the front struts. Are the rear ADS springs firmer or softer than tech? Since the cost is higher for non-sport springs, I assume there must be a difference. Thicker? More turns?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts