Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started up my 05 MDX and after about 5-10 min when I got to my car it smelt like burning rubber. I popped the hood and I'm assuming its the timing belt but there was smoke coming out from the hole I circled in the picture attached. My mechanic said that it could be a small water pump leak. Figured since hes opening all that up again, swap out both the timing belt and water pump. Do I have to go OEM or should I just get a good aftermarket brand. I know its always best to go OEM but sometimes aftermarket doesn't hurt depending on the part. I am currently calling the stealership right now to see how much they charge for the timing belt kit. Anyone else experience this problem I am having? The timing belt was replaced at around 85k before I got the car. Currently has 102k miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He got it done. At least the receipt says so... anyway 700 bucks later its fixed. Going to pick it up soon. Tim, how much do you guys sell the OEM timing belt kit on your site?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've purchase my timing belt kit from Rock auto, under $160 and three years later still running great.
I did the work my self and so far so good .
They do give a one year warranty for the timing kit includes the water pump..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got everything fixed for 700 and wow does my car run like its new. No more rough idle and noisy engine bay. Going to put some sound deadening on the doors and trunk and put some new speakers in sometimes this week or next for a even more quiet ride and better sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts