Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My 2012 MDX with tech package has a weird problem or at least I think it has this problem. Basically after two years, all of a sudden I started feeling that the ride quality went bad meaning its kind of not sturdy on road and drove like a small dump truck. The vehicle felt like it lost its sharp handling altogether. When I went to the dealer the mechanic said he did not feel anything wrong. I also noticed that sometimes it drove Ok and most of the times it was not.

But today I realized that it feels this bad only when I have gas above the half tank range. Once the tank is below the half tank level, it becomes normal and handles very sharp. Unfortunately I always fill up the tank even before it reaches the half tank mark. SO, I had been having this problem ever since I noticed it. For the last couple of days I left the gas to reach below the 1/4th mark and the handling is pretty good. I think once I fill the tank again, it will go back to the old sloppy handling style again. Any of you guys noticed this on your MDXes? If none of you guys ever noticed this, I will have to declare myself crazy and will have to just trade this sucker in and get a high lander!.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
It really sounds like the rear shocks are going out or gone. Can you see any fluid leaks or just more bounce over bumps and sway in turns? The bounce, crashing, rough ride on any road imperfections, and sway is what I felt when my RDX struts/shocks were going out after +120,000 miles (back to normal after replacements). I would check shocks, struts, the front/rear stabilizer bar bushings, check alignment, and front/rear endlinks. I would also check the conditions of the tires because worn, old, or middle of the road tires can feel the same way also. All that would still be cheaper than a new car payment for a vehicle with zero sportiness in its DNA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts