Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find much of anything about this on the boards. Worm mentioned that there may be a TSB about this but I don't see one as of 6/3/02 on hondacuraworld.com. The wiper is pretty much always below the guard and has scratched the paint (dulled the color and brushstrokes appear) Can't get it to stay up. I think this should be covered under the warranty. If it is, shouldn't they take care of the scratches in the paint as well?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I think so

If you can demonstrate that a faulty warranted item damaged the paint/finish then I think that should be covered as well.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Yes, there is a TSB for the loose rear wiper (actually, there are a three :confused:). I'd ask them to fix the paint if the loose wiper caused the damage. Shouldn't be a problem.

Here are the TSB#

100901 Issued 9/01
291001 Issued 10/01
02003 Issued 1/02

We're working on getting the balance of the TSBs scanned and posted...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wiper followup

Worm,

Thanks for the TSB#'s. Is there any other info. you think I should have to argue my case. (BTW, my experience with other dealers (for a VW) was deny fixing anything for as long as possible until the evidence was so overwhelming, or to the point they're sick of my face showing up in the showroom scaring off potential buyers). Haven't dealt with Ed Voyles yet so I'm hoping for some better treatment from Acura.

I'm apprehensive since I have a laundry list of little things:

-Cupholder cover won't close
-windows rattle when driving (my wife says)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts