Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I ordered a SBP Touring back in December, 2002. I finally got a VIN number in February and was told to expect delivery on 2/27. Now the date has slipped to March 10th and they would not even tell me about the change until I inquired. Is this normal? Dealer is blaming it on the trucking company. Am I being too hard nosed about this or should I be expecting the sales folks to be proactive and keep me appriased on changing ETAs, especially when I am paying more than $42K for a vehicle.

Also the dealer is insisting that they will install the accessories I have ordered only after they recieve payment from my lender. Again, is this normal in the Acura community? Worst case scenario, I do not think the dealer will have a problem selling an MDX if I want to inspect the car fully (including accessories) before paying for it.

I'm new to the world of Acura's but I do not think the dealer should go against a general business practice. Any pointers or advice is appreciated.

Eagerly awaiting to lay my hands on the new baby... :)

Thanks.
RTFM

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had the same experience with a "slipping" ETA, from 2/26 to 2/28 to 3/3 to 3/10, and now supposedly back to 3/6. I have been told that the private carrier is supposedly criss-crossing the state of Washington delivering cars??....

I don't get the sense that this is anything to get too worked up about, but it has been mildly irritating in terms of trying to free up time to do a proper once-over on delivery. It's made scheduling the other less important stuff (like WORK!) a challenge!!!

That second part, though, about not installing accessories doesn't seem right, and that I would take issue with.

Good luck!

Peter
Bellevue, WA

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Out of curiosity, is the dealer charging MORE than MSRP? If not, it's probably a normal delivery problem. If he/she did charge more than MSRP, then your car may have been sold out from under you to a higher "bidder." Never trust a dealer who wants more than MSRP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Typical dealer. Mine was delayed two to three weeks, the manager said he would do something special for me because I was promised it would be in before Valentines day and surprise surpsrise, it was the week after Valentines Day. The something special was a free oil change, real special after giving him a check for $45K, I was irate to say the lease, the Acura dealerships are so pompous with the MDX.

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
2/27 to a 3/10 date is not that big of a deal. Try to get a VIN # and ask them to throw something in to make up for the delay. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your responses - it has made me feel better that I have company.

I am not paying anything over MSRP (I have never paid MSRP for ANYTHING else). The Sales Mgr. called me this afternoon and said the delay was weather related and that he would make an exception to their policy of not installing accessories until payment is made.

I do have the VIN# given to me in February, so I should be able to check if they gave to car to somebody else - hopefully not.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi RTFM:

___Since you have a VIN, look at the February Production can now be tracked thread and post your VIN. Jamie will be more than happy to do the track but as always, your dealer should have been on the ball with this from the start. He may actually be given just a week or two production/delivery slip. You will however be relying on the information given by a highly renowned Acura salesman/dealership here in our forums to do your dealerships job but you will know if there are any shenanigans in this case …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts