Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here tried "SLIME" in your tires. It's suppose to be some kind of a fix-a-flat. I use it on my mountain bike, but that's about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Slime is great, i've used it to repair slow and fast(overnight) airleaks 5times on 4different cars, '93 civic dx3dr, 86/90/91 Lincoln TCs.
I did not have tire balanced after squeezing in Slime and did not notice any imbalance.
I haven't gone pro-active and added Slime before a problem, but my next set of Kumho's for the Civic will get Slimed.

Don't deflate tire while mounted to your vehicle! Support weight, take off rim, or add while rotating.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Slime is corrosive and bad for you tires.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What in it is corrosive? Seems I rememeber hearing that but I can't seem to find any information as to that point now. In fact, it's water soluble, albeit, I know that doesn't mean non-corrosive, but it does hint in that direction.

If you can believe the marketers of Slme:

Q: Does Slime react with the tires rubber or rust the wheel or rim?
A: Slime is not chemically reactive and contains rust and corrosion inhibitors, which keep the sealant from degrading rubber and pitting metal rims.

M

·
Registered
20 Posts
Notwithstanding, I would ONLY use it in an emergency such as multiple flats, etc. I never put anything in my tire except air.

In addition, if you're using a tire pressure sensing device, I'd never use it. It would probably destroy the electrical device.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Nano technology

markr said:
Notwithstanding, I would ONLY use it in an emergency such as multiple flats, etc. I never put anything in my tire except air.
In addition, if you're using a tire pressure sensing device, I'd never use it. It would probably destroy the electrical device.
The sensor is a hybrid nano-technology. http://www.sensonor.com/etc_brosyrer/sp13.pdf Piezo resistive stuff, the "movement" of the parts SHOULD be unaffeted by flat-fix stuff. PLUS if you had the sensor, odds or aginst the flat fix stuff ever being needed. You'd be able to keep you pressure at recommended levels. If you picked up a small nail (the best kind of damage for flat fix to repair) you be able to spot the sudden leak and get to a tire repair/replacement location.

If you got a BIG BLAMMO flat flat fix won't help...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
G2_Integra said:
Has anyone here tried "SLIME" in your tires. It's suppose to be some kind of a fix-a-flat. I use it on my mountain bike, but that's about it.
I've heard of people using this to fill their tire just to get it to the repair shop. The tire must be broken down and washed out to remove this product or it will build up and create vibrations and noises. It's a great product when your stuck at 2:00 A.M. in a bad neighborhood. Shoot it in and get yourself to a safe place, just remember to have it removed asap to avoid problem!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts