Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. So does anybody else have a problem with the hood being misaligned? And if you have, what did you do to remedy it aside from taking it back to the dealer? (Mine is 4 hours away). Thanks

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Your options are -

• Do nothing and live with it.
  • Take it to any Acura dealer to correct under warranty. Maybe there's one closer than the one you bought it from. I don't know if a Honda dealer, as opposed to an Acura dealer, would do this as a warranty claim (in case you have a Honda dealership much closer to you).
  • Correct it yourself by adjusting it but risk potentially damaging something if you make a mistake.
  • Pay an independent body shop or mechanic to correct it.

It's a personal choice as to which of those you do.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your options are -

• Do nothing and live with it.
  • Take it to any Acura dealer to correct under warranty. Maybe there's one closer than the one you bought it from. I don't know if a Honda dealer, as opposed to an Acura dealer, would do this as a warranty claim (in case you have a Honda dealership much closer to you).
  • Correct it yourself by adjusting it but risk potentially damaging something if you make a mistake.
  • Pay an independent body shop or mechanic to correct it.

It's a personal choice as to which of those you do.
Thanks! I’m actually leaning towards #1.😂 I’m just a bit ticked why I didn’t see that when we picked up the car. I guess we were just in a hurry…I might take it to a pro body shop one of these days and have them look at it.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Yeah - sometimes it's easier to just live with things or you can also try to have the dealer check it upon some other trip to the dealer for service or something.

Sometimes a hood is fairly simple to adjust, as opposed to some fenders and the like, so it might not be a big deal for them to adjust when you get around to it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah - sometimes it's easier to just live with things or you can also try to have the dealer check it upon some other trip to the dealer for service or something.

Sometimes a hood is fairly simple to adjust, as opposed to some fenders and the like, so it might not be a big deal for them to adjust when you get around to it.
Thanks! This is actually my wife’s MDX. I didn’t tell her about the hood and I’m not even sure if she noticed it. 😁

·
Registered
22 Acura MDX Advanced SH-AWD
39 Posts
I have got to quit reading this forum! I find myself reading something, then going outside to see if mine has the flawl, if it doesn’t I pat myself on the back as if I built the thing, but not on this one!
FDDA1C2A-2E0C-4AB6-9901-23A0F0145C55.jpeg
Just looked and it sure does, never noticed it until now! Definitely not showing the wife or she’ll be ready to trade. Lol

·
Registered
435 Posts
It's a shame Acura didn't extend the hood all the way to the headlights & grille like they did on the prior generations. It must be a cost-cutting measure because no automotive designer in their right mind would choose to interrupt the body lines like that. Would look a lot cleaner and avoids alignment issues like this.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I was just at the dealer getting my oil changed and they had a new tlx on showroom floor for display. The hood was also misaligned. So definitely an across the board Acura assembly issue not specific to the mdx. Too bad after all these years they can't spend some time with assembly line to correct this. It's been an ongoing problem across all models going back probably a decade.

Part and parcel with buying an Acura unfortunately. Other manufacturers Likely have similar issues to varying degrees.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts