Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an iPhone 6 linked to my 2016 MDX. I never use Siri on the phone, but noticed in the manual where you can access it. I hit the voice button on the steering wheel and get the iPhone attention tone. I say "hey siri" and the iPhone answers. Then, no matter what I say, the MDX shuts down the connection.

Anyone else have the same response?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The manual explains how to use it. You push the speaker button on the steering wheel and hold it for 2 seconds. You get the iPhone ready prompt. You say "hey siri". Siri answers you through the MDX speakers. Then you're supposed to be able to ask siri a question, but I immediately get disconnected.

Guess most owners don't know about this feature or something?

·
Registered
237 Posts
The manual explains how to use it. You push the speaker button on the steering wheel and hold it for 2 seconds. You get the iPhone ready prompt. You say "hey siri". Siri answers you through the MDX speakers. Then you're supposed to be able to ask siri a question, but I immediately get disconnected.

Guess most owners don't know about this feature or something?
Why would you have to say "hey siri" if the button activates siri???

When I press my home button on the phone, siri is active at that moment, just speak commands.

Maybe this is why it's not working? I guess the 2016's have this, previous do not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, maybe that's my problem. I hold the button for 2 seconds and get the siri prompt. I was then saying "hey siri" and the phone responded. Instead of saying "hey siri" I should have just asked my question.

I'll try it today and see if that works. Would be nice feature to have working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts