Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone out there has pics of a silver mdx with side steps and base carrier, could you post them? I am definitely going with silver and the carrier, but can't decide about side steps and I haven't seen a silver one with both. Thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Do a search. There are plenty of photos of silver 'X's in the Gallery with most of the exterior accessories shown.

In about a week I will have mine with side steps, painted fender flares, mud guards and rear deflector, etc. Will post photos as soon as I can :2:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here's mine, I just took these pics on Saturday, also good opportunity to test posting a pic since it has been a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
As promised here's a photo of my brand new 'X. See my post in General Discussion for more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Questions?

Hello, I have reserved a 2002 MDX that's similar to yours. Nice!
I'm wondering if the options you have were all supplied by the manufacturer and how much more $$ it cost you to add the wheel well flares, rear deflector, sunroof visor, side steps etc. I put down 500$ to hold the vechicle until it arrives in Aug. I have until then to make my mind up about what I want. Another question, arn't the 2003 model MDX coming out in Oct. sometime? If so, should I hold off on the 2002 in favor of the 2003? I doubt I'll pay much more but I'm wondering what the 2003 model will offer over the 2002? New body? Bigger motor? I'm new to this forum and have alot of questions but I'll search the forum first to find answers.
Thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
cvol,

I think you were addressing my previous post with photo. Anyway here's my 2 cents :D

If I was starting the process now I would definitely wait till '03 model. There are lots of rumours about the '03, but no concrete facts. I decided to start the buying process end of last year and at this point couldn't wait till '03 model. The car I traded was going to need tires & service soon and I didn't want to spend the money there.

As far as accessories you can look at the acura web site for msrp which includes part & installation. Also look at Tim's site (hondacurawworld.com) for a better price, on parts only - you do the installation.

We are not a DIY household :eek: so we bought from the dealer. I did negotiate on some of the items by using Tim's prices for comparison. Plenty of people have done it all DIY and there is lots of information/help/tips you can find by doing some searches.

Hope that helps :2:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I'm not a DIY guy either, therefore I bought the accessories from Tim ahead of time, and then had the dealer install it. Still comes out much much cheaper than what they charge straight up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts