Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, I was wondering if someone could please post the tech pages for replacing the front passenger side window? Or PM/email them? My car got hit by a rock and it put a six inch crack in it. I did find door panel removal instructions already on here. Boring story but I didn't want to go the insurance route and I'm looking to save a few bucks. I already have the window, just want the correct instructions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Neoshi, what docs are you looking at? I guess I'm wondering most about battery disconnect, airbags, and how to access the window bolts. I thought maybe you have to reconnect the battery to move the window after you get the door panel off?

Also, is there any procedure to disconnect the battery like writing down a security code like my old TL?

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Manera downloaded a small collection of docs from that site about a year and half ago and gave us access to whatever he got. However, I haven't found anything in there regarding the window.

I believe the security codes are gone from 2014+, as when it asks for a code, you just proceed forward without one.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You might want to just go ahead and remove the door card (panel) and then see what you have to work with and go from there. Most vehicles are pretty similar in this area so you might be able to figure out which bolts to loosen to get the window out. Worst case, you can access manuals on the website neoshi pointed to, google around to see if someone else posted a procedure to do this (check how to do it for an Odyssey or 2nd gen MDX as well - they might be similar), or put the door card back on and then figure out what your next step is. Expect the access to be tight and a hassle - that's the way it generally is within the door area for vehicles.

Whatever you do, take a few pics and figure out the procedure and then post it here so the rest of us can reference it if we need to replace it at some point.

For all my other vehicles I have factory shop manuals, actual paper book type, and they were downright reasonable compared to what Acura wants for temporary online access, which is a ripoff IMO. They obviously are trying to make shop manual viewing a profit center as opposed to a customer service - just like they do with their Nav map updates.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I saw the temporary online access charge and about flipped. I wonder how much the paper version costs? Also saw the car isn't on alldatadiy either. I did my fair share of googling and also watched a bunch of YouTube, but nothing on our cars. So I thought I would ask here to see if someone would have pity for me. Appreciate the responses...if I don't get anything this week, I'll tackle it next weekend. In the meantime at least my infant has a rear facing seat.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
There is no paper version. One day if i have a big repair needed i may just try to pdf the entire site. The best I've found is someone on Piloteers PDFed almost all of the 2016 pilot stuff. Maybe that can be adapted since our cars are almost there same under the skin. There is one manual I cannot find and that is the reset the power window control unit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Neoshi, I bet those instructions will be fine. The door panel removal instructions look almost identical. It doesn't look like I even need to disconnect the battery if I am reading the instructions right. Looks like the airbags are in the a pillar, dash, and seats and I'll need the power to lower the window. But, it is an Acura, so if I had to guess, the airbags are probably full of razor blades, lead beebees, or crushed wheat thins....so I thought I'd ask since battery disconnect is almost always step one.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Manera downloaded a small collection of docs from that site about a year and half ago and gave us access to whatever he got. However, I haven't found anything in there regarding the window.

I believe the security codes are gone from 2014+, as when it asks for a code, you just proceed forward without one.
i can get it. i should have something this evening.

EDIT: looks like you beat me to it. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got the new window in. Unfortunately I was taking care of my seven month old during the install and didn't have time to take pictures. The only parts I messed up were two clips that hold wires in place . I taped them down the best I could. Don't try to take the side view mirror harness away from the door frame, just disconnect the two ends, or it will break.

Thanks so much for posting the instructions. Without them it would have taken a lot longer.

Note that you have to plug the window switch back in to raise and lower the window to see the bolts.

Also, there is a weather strip down each side of the door insides that you have to work the glass into, which I was missing at first.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Well, I got the new window in. Unfortunately I was taking care of my seven month old during the install and didn't have time to take pictures. The only parts I messed up were two clips that hold wires in place . I taped them down the best I could. Don't try to take the side view mirror harness away from the door frame, just disconnect the two ends, or it will break.

Thanks so much for posting the instructions. Without them it would have taken a lot longer.

Note that you have to plug the window switch back in to raise and lower the window to see the bolts.

Also, there is a weather strip down each side of the door insides that you have to work the glass into, which I was missing at first.
Your 7 year old allowed you to replace the window but wouldn't let you take a picture or two????

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Glad to hear it all worked out. The Pilot manuals have definitely been very helpful for the MDX (and probably why I haven't paid for access to techline yet).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts