Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I would like to adjust two items that has me confused.
1) How do you adjust the amount of tilt down you get with side view mirrors when the car is put in Reverse ?

2) How do you adjust how much the driver seat moves back when you turn off the car and open the driver door?
How do you change and memorize both of these settings?

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi,
I would like to adjust two items that has me confused.
1) How do you adjust the amount of tilt down you get with side view mirrors when the car is put in Reverse ?

2) How do you adjust how much the driver seat moves back when you turn off the car and open the driver door?
How do you change and memorize both of these settings?

Thanks,
Robert
I highly doubt both are adjustable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mirror tilt is not adjustable. Seat goes back all the way and the steering wheel pulls all the way in and goes all the way up. Not adjustable that I’m aware of.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
It is all or nothing for the seat, steering wheel, and side mirror adjustments when you exit.

The only other way is if you are the only driver and you use driver 1 fob. You can set the memory seat to the same position for both driver 1 and 2; but, move the side mirror to the desired position for memory seat 2. You have to leave the side mirror adjustments in the center position; but, it should move one or both mirrors down if you press memory 2 when backing up.

I keep my driver seat in the furthest rear position and only the steering wheel moves when I get in/out with this setting active (I'm 6'3"). My 4'11" wife loves this feature. We both wish these cars came with passenger memory seats also or at least on touch up/back feature like the windows.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Interesting no settings? It would be handy to keep rear view mirrors titled down further, as I exit the garage. I have the parking sensors but it's useless when it goes off in all 4 directions as I back up :) Only suitable thing is 360 degree view but that's only available in Advance.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I turned off the mirror tilt on my 19 MDX Adv because of the 360 degree camera, static guidelines, and front/rear parking sensors. The 360 degree camera comes on automatically once you get 7 mph or slower. Extremely helpful parallel parking, tight turns, or lining up in a tight parking spot. I still use the mirror tilt feature on my 11 MDX and 08 RDX.

I like the adv features; but, it is really hard to justify the the extra money for it (and missing the 2nd row bench seat). Just a tech guy and I love all the toys.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I turned off the mirror tilt on my 19 MDX Adv because of the 360 degree camera, static guidelines, and front/rear parking sensors. The 360 degree camera comes on automatically once you get 7 mph or slower. Extremely helpful parallel parking, tight turns, or lining up in a tight parking spot. I still use the mirror tilt feature on my 11 MDX and 08 RDX.

I like the adv features; but, it is really hard to justify the the extra money for it (and missing the 2nd row bench seat). Just a tech guy and I love all the toys.
360 degree camera is the one and only feature I truly wanted from Adv. We also prefer bench for middle as all my kids are 21+ :)
When I bought my year end closing Hybrid there were not too many choices and this one came with the right color and all so that settled on Tech!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts