Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for side steps. Looks are of course important, but I'm driven by need - its a real stretch to put my bikes on my roof rack. Anyone have experience with Steel Horse side rails? I saw a picture in a catalog of bike racks.

Thanks for anyone's help!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
graffel said:
I'm in the market for side steps. Looks are of course important, but I'm driven by need - its a real stretch to put my bikes on my roof rack. Anyone have experience with Steel Horse side rails? I saw a picture in a catalog of bike racks.

Thanks for anyone's help!
No experience with Steel Horse side rails, but I use my OEM Side Steps to put my bikes on the roof. They are very convenient to use, they look great, and at $389.69 from Tim at Hondacuraworld (I believe this sale price is valid until the end of the week) they are a great deal.

Other side steps used by members on this site include Maniks. They are a little cheaper than the OEM steps, and are available in stainless as well as black.

You may want to do a search on the "side steps" topic to review some feedback, opinions, and pictures of both OEM and Manik options.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. You helped make my decision & I'll order from Tim tonite!

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
dont forget to d/l the instructions (pdf) and study them before the parts come. Pretty straight foward. Keep the cardboard box to lay on when installing the side steps. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts