Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my new X I was planning on having the dealer install a set of 3" tube steps on the vehicle. Much to my suprise, the salesman informed me that the Chrome steps are actually made of plastic.

I passed on them but am interested in having either Stainless or Chrome tube steps installed. Any suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Plastic?

The only thing plastic on the chrome tubes are the plastic pads where you step to protect the chrome from scratches, the end caps on the end of the tubes.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
hammermdx said:
I don't have the chrome side steps, so one of the other members who does can confirm, but I doub't your salesman is correct. Anyway, you'd be better off buying them from Tim at: https://webp5.t3link.com/hondacuraworld.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc and installing them yourself. Good luck with the new ride.
I agree. I have the chrome ss and your salesman is incorrect! I wonder what else he does'nt know about the product he's selling.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The salesman is not correct, I think the Acura doean't have genuine parts of chrome ss. I think the salesman just want to push you to buy the regular one (black). Actaully, I think you can buy the parts and install it by yourself, that will save you probably $400 to $500. It's very easy to instal, just several screws.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
fchao said:
It's very easy to instal, just several screws.
Several = 72 bolts and 48 nuts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no idea how there could be any confusion but I went back to the dealer today and after checking out the chrome steps, had them installed on my X. My only thought at this point is that the salesman was referring to the actual steps on top of the tube. Anyway, thanks for the info, the steps really dress up the X.:2:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Greatscot, any pictures of chrome on the Taffeta White? I can't picture that combination in my mind. :8: I was thinking of putting the stock grey/black color on.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
thoch said:
Greatscot, any pictures of chrome on the Taffeta White? I can't picture that combination in my mind. :8: I was thinking of putting the stock grey/black color on.
Some prefer the look of the dark sidesteps on the light colors like TW. Myself, I'm going for the dark up high (front and rear deflectors and roof rack) and the chrome side steps down low. See my next post. I have other pics in the gallery.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
thoch,
Here's my X:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I would love the chrome sidesteps but the CFO si putting her foot down. I'm working on her and hope to prevail. You should have heard the conversations about convincing her regarding the navigation system. Tough sell. If I told her I would buy her $4600 worth of shoes I would be swimming in shoe boxes right now. :2:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
greatscot said:
thoch,
Here's my X:
Sharp! I like your Formfit deflector with the steps!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks greatscot! I like that :29: .... Looks a lot different then I thought it would. Sweet! I'll check out your other pics as well.

Love this forum. Where else can you get results that fast! :4:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wassup people just registered with the forum and am proud to be a part of it. I'm a noobie to this web site but not a noobie to the X. Got my baby (SS base) Dec. 2000 out of Cerritos,Ca. and have racked up a whopping 42K + miles on it. (Just can't stop driving the damn thing!).

Anyways, sticking with the subject of this thread I just got a pretty fat income tax return and wanna throw it into my X. First will be some side - steps, though the wifey wants the running boards. So I'm tryin to figure out how some Chrome sidesteps will look on an SS Metallic. The closest I could find of a pic is greatscot's X. (By the way may I just say to greatscot that your X is Bangin!) . Anyone got a pic or an idea of how this might look? Or should I go with the black?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Welcome 151,
I'm sure chrome ss will look good on your SS X. I know others have them on your color, so do a search through the gallery. Again, welcome to our group!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just did a search and found some pics of an SS with the chrome Maniks. I kinda don't like the look. I think the black would go better with the silver body color, but that's just my opinion. The only thing now is how to convince the Boss (wifey) to get the side steps instead of the Running boards. I'll probably have to show her some pictures or go to a dealership to see the choices up close. Anyways, thanks for the reply and it's great to be a part of the family. :D

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
151 said:
I just did a search and found some pics of an SS with the chrome Maniks. . . The only thing now is how to convince the Boss (wifey) to get the side steps instead of the Running boards . . .
Tax Return? :2:

·
Registered
671 Posts
greatscot said:

Tax Return? :2:
Tax REFUND, probably!

That's the thing you get when you loan money to the govt for the year and they pay you back without interest!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts