Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new MDX on Friday and I LOVE it! The only thing I'm upset about is that I ordered Running Boards instead of Side Steps! I can't believe I did that...I wanted Side Steps.

Mine is Black and I painted the flares to match. I love the way it looks.

If there is anyone out there that wants to swap their side steps for running boards let me know! ha ha!

:D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
You may want to try the ...

... Classifieds Forum. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I feel running boards are much more conservative for an older couple or person. The side steps are much more sportier and younger looking. As for a younger person with more spunk.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Robyn9468 said:
I agree. I wonder if the dealer will take them back. (doubt it)
They should work with you. If they give you a hard time try to speak with regional manager and then they will do it no problem. Remember the customer always comes first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the dealer installed the side steps for me today. They gave me a loaner and washed mine. I had it back in a few hours. Talk about service! I love them. I'm glad I called. :)

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Robyn9468 said:
Well, the dealer installed the side steps for me today. They gave me a loaner and washed mine. I had it back in a few hours. Talk about service! I love them. I'm glad I called. :)
That's what I call customer service!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
paul123 said:
I feel running boards are much more conservative for an older couple or person. The side steps are much more sportier and younger looking. As for a younger person with more spunk.
My wife and I are 'older' chronologically, but think the Manik Stainless are awesome and have them on order. Guess we still got spunk!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks DaleB, you said it good. I'm an "older" person, but I also got lots of spunk! I think I want the stainless steel type side steps, but I sure would like 2 see what they look like up next 2 the vehicle first. I don't want "running boards", but maybe black side steps would look better?? I can't decide............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Lrpba300 said:
Thanks DaleB, you said it good. I'm an "older" person, but I also got lots of spunk! I think I want the stainless steel type side steps, but I sure would like 2 see what they look like up next 2 the vehicle first. I don't want "running boards", but maybe black side steps would look better?? I can't decide............:rolleyes:
If you do some searches, there is a Mesa Beige on here with the Stainless Maniks that looks just great!
I am going for the same with my GG. On back order 2 or 3 weeks.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I'm not an older person ...

... I just have two kids in college:D

I too prefer the SideSteps and believe that the OEM not only look better (shape/style) but that they are also sturdier (three brackets w/ 12 bolts vrs two w/ 4). However I along with many others prefer the look of stainless/chrome over the OEM black.

Inspired by rail and TheWorm I too had the OEM steps powdercoated at a very reasonable price. Powdercoated OEM's the best of both worlds:cool: :D :cool: even for a geezer;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Geeee, thannnnkkss, sunnnie. This old geezer may chek out what ya saying, msu79gt82! Now, back to some spunk......:p

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Being a youngster*, I went with the Maniks! They add a really hip look to my rig, and the silver compliments my Oakleys when I'm cruising. Check them out by clicking on the Manics! link below.

*kids are 5 and 9. That makes me a young parent, right?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts