Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to share my solution for the side moulding I got for my MDX. I ask a local body shop repair to purchase a side moulding from another vehicle (GM or FORD), preferably a car type. It comes in white colored so that you can paint it in whatever color you like. I have it painted with the same color as my door (Mesa Beige). It's a stick on using 3M tape. I should have mine done before the end of this week.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The moulding should be installed either this coming Friday or Saturday. I will post some pictures once it's done. I'm not quite sure what the exact width is, it might be round about 1 1/2 inch. I think he got the part from a GM Grand Prix. We settled for either a Ford or GM because the parts are cheaper compared to a Japanese Car maker. Do remember that the main task of the moulding is to stop the dings so you do not want to spend a lot on it.

I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here it is... pics for the moulding. Sorry for the quality, as you can see from the pics, it was raining.

I posted it in the gallery section under the same subject.

Side Moulding Suggestion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
kEmOsAbE
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing